Had surgery. Not sleeved.

Darcy G.
on 3/30/16 2:25 pm
VSG on 04/07/16

That is such rotten luck, I'm so sorry, Kathy.  I'm guessing you'll still have to go through all the phases of food because they did still cut your stomach. I agree with the other poster(who I forget had written it....) that you'll no doubt lose a bit anyway from that, though it's far from the ideal situation.

I had an NG tube when I was little and had my spleen out(open surgery). That part sucked more than the whole surgery did, and that surgery was pretty terrible(open from sternum to navel...). Your mouth gets so dry, there's a feeling in the back of your throat you can't swallow away. God, just feel so bad for you. I hope you heal up quickly. Sending all good healing vibes your way.  Also hope they take that nasal-gastric tube out ASAP. You'll be surprised how much brighter the world seems the instant they yank that sucker out.

xo

Program Start Weight 346 | Surgery Weight 282 | CW 217 | 5'-6.3"

High Weight 376, about a year before program. I gave up diet pop(and all pop), dropped 30 pounds without trying, and kept it off. Now convinced Carbonated Beverages. Are. Evil.

DISCLAIMER: My posts often have weird typos... Because I use a tablet or Kindle to access the forums despite how much I suck at tablet typing. Apologies!

Karen D.
on 4/1/16 11:05 am - NY
Revision on 11/24/15

How long did you have the band?  That sucks...I'm sorry.  I had the band removed after almost 10 years with it and had slight damage to my stomach but my doc put a few stitches in to assist and so far so good.  

I hope you can get surgery when you're healed up!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 128 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 375 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 414 views