How do I dress this body??

Smallbites2015
on 4/10/16 8:37 am

Friend sounds good so I might take my sister.  She has great bargain and fashion sense.  Thanks

Mary Gee
on 4/10/16 9:36 am - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

I have trouble shopping for anything... yesterday wanted to buy new dishes, spent 20 minutes and picked out a set, only to put them back on the shelf.  I didn't even try to pick out silverware.

But clothes shopping....I love, love, love it.  I admit I do it at Salvation Army... started that when I was dropping sizes quickly and some recommended it.  We have a new SA in town, and it unbelievable.  The quality is good...95% very little wear... almost like mew; 5% ugly/worn.  The workers do a great job making sure the quality is very good.  I pull stuff off the racks left and right.....sometimes guessing at sizes.  I had a fire in my house and had to buy a whole new wardrobe as I  only escaped with the clothes on my back.  First trip after the fire, jeans were on sale for $.99 and I got six pairs, tops and blouses ranged from $.99 to $3.99...and it was half-price Wednesday on top of that.  I can't tell you how happy I am with my new clothes... I experiment with new colors and new styles and wear things I never would have tried before.  The bras and underwear I had to buy new cost more than the two huge bags of clothes I got.  I go at least once a week to check out clothes and household items.  I've gotten a living room set for $150, a sleigh bed for $40, dresser for $35, nightstand for $20, etc., etc., etc.  Can you tell I'm a big fan?????

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

White Dove
on 4/10/16 4:41 pm - Warren, OH

Http://missussmartypants.com is a website that will analyze your picture and measurements and show you exactly what items will be perfect on you.

It is not free but worth every cent.  Do a body type and color analysis and sign up for a season.  You will get so many compliments and it will be so easy.

You will always have the perfect outfit and accessories and learn how to have only great pieces in your wardrobe.

I did this before surgery and always had great outfits to wear that fit perfectly and got me lots of compliments.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

sanjali23
on 4/11/16 8:09 am - Orlando, FL
VSG on 02/12/14

There is this site called stitch fix www.stitchfix.com that I use - mostly because I'm overseas and can't find nice things in the store but it takes away the guess work. You just have to do the initial pics of styles you like, they assign you a stylist, and send you clothes whenever you want them. I've found it helpful where sometimes they send me something that I think won't work, then I put it on this new body and it totally does :-) Good Luck

Success is getting what you want, happiness is wanting what you get. ”

— Dave Gardner

Kris R.
on 4/11/16 8:22 am - Walworth, NY

Here's another good site.  https://www.trunkclub.com/  They have this for both men and woman.  They will be your personal shopper, but they also have some good recommendations on must haves.  I haven't shopped yet, my friend keeps telling me, go buy new clothes, my kids tell me .. go buy new clothes, but I'm still wearing the old fat 22/24 3x ones and I'm swimming in them - but for some reason, I can't let go.  I will when I'm ready I guess or when I run out of belt holes :)

You can't take care of them, if you don't take care of you!!
Band 10/2006, removal 10/2010, VSG 02/08/2016

jenndbln
on 4/11/16 9:16 pm

Hi!  I'm just a newbie in the research stages right now, but I know the last time I lost a lot of weight, I got a lot of my clothes from eBay while I was going down with my weight.  I had some hits and some misses, but I never spent a lot on the clothes and didn't mind gently used clothes. I absolutely hate shopping in brick and mortar stores, for all the reasons that you and the others mentioned--very overwhelming.  Good luck and CONGRATULATIONS on your weight loss!