4.5 Years out & REGAIN

(deactivated member)
on 4/27/16 11:27 am

Nice to see you again! I've had regain, too. More than 20, though. It's almost all off, now, but it takes work. 

I think you are on the right track, though I would up the protein to 100-120 grams per day during your renewed weight loss. 

Your acid issues can absolutely promote feelings of false hunger. Don't discount that. You should consider pursuing a PPI on the stronger side. I take 1 Protonix per day and have no acid issues as long as I take it.

Keep at it and that 20 will be gone in 3-4 months! 

nana1987
on 4/27/16 11:46 am

Kairk !!!! Nice to see you again. I still remember you. Should I keep doing 600 - 800 calories a day ? Plus I will ask my Dr about Protonix. Thank you :):):)

(deactivated member)
on 4/27/16 12:44 pm

I could not manage 600-800 calories a day this far out. To lose my regain I have stayed between 1000-1200 on average- some days higher and somedays lower. if you can manage 800 per day and feel satisfied and not deprived, go for it. 

Regain is harder to lose than the weight we lose immediately post op. However, for me it's nowhere near what dieting felt like pre op. Far, far easier! 

Lemily
on 4/27/16 5:17 pm
VSG on 01/16/14

Protronix is the only thing that worked for me. I am a little two years out. I've bounced up 10 pounds from my lowest but just starting tracking my food again. Accountability totally Keeps me on track. I try to stay at 900 calories a day and back to basics with dense protein first, targeting 90g a day (25g is from protein shake that I may with coffee and Isopure zero carb), 100oz of water, and I keep carbs at a max of 40g per day (total includes carbs from veg and fruit).

lisapelly
on 4/27/16 11:46 am

I am in the same boat and doing the 5 day pouch test as a "reset" starting saturday.   We can do it together if you would like to join in.  

nana1987
on 4/27/16 11:49 am

My problem is I don't drink protein shakes at all. I tried it 1000 times and still cannot keep it down.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 4/27/16 1:14 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

The pouch test is a fad diet just like the ones so many of us tried pre-op. Liquid isn't going to "reset" your pouch at all.

You're far better off logging your food and doing a week of dense protein and no carbs, as always.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Amy R.
on 4/27/16 1:51 pm

What  Sparklekitty said.

Plus - you don't have a pouch.  Only bypass patients have pouches.  According to the info on your header, you're a VSG patient.

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 4/27/16 12:54 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

I'm so sorry that you had such a rough start straight out of surgery but glad that it looks like that you're much better now. 

You probably need a stronger/different ppi, the one you're using isn't doing anything for you. I'd up the water & aim closer to 80oz. If you can sustain the 600-800 calories, more power to you, I could never keep it that low for that long. I go at a much slower pace.

I'd get a set of labs done to make sure you're good nutrition wise, getting all the nutrition you need without vitamins can be hard on a mostly protein forward diet & now that you're cutting back even more you could be putting yourself at risk.

I hear ya on the chocolate, I luv me some sweets, but during wl mode it can be hard to give them up, you should look to other alternatives to get your chocolate fix in. The sugar & carbs can derail the best of intentions.

I'm sure you can get the weight back off, but it'll be at a much slower pace. Good luck to you. 

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/