Goal Weight Adjustments - What weight is the right weight?

Kathy A.
on 5/4/16 9:54 pm - Newbury Park, CA

What Stacy said!  Keep doing what you're doing, and let your body decide.  At 5'7", my weight actually fell to 132 at the lowest (and did I get the "too skinny" comments! which I ignored) but eventually settled in at about 135-137.  I liked that weight.  Then about three years out, as sleeve capacity naturally increased, it drifted up to about 143.  Mind you, this was WITHOUT going off plan, just slightly larger meals. 

So my advice would be to see where you settle out.  And in the future if you feel like you're getting too thin, don't worry, your body will adjust eventually.

Also, what everyone else said - you look great!  :-)  The thing that always gets me is the smile on people's faces in their "after" pictures - always so big and happy!

NYMom222
on 5/6/16 2:12 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

As others have said what you are thinking of excess fat , maybe is excess skin. I just had a lower body Lift and visually the volume of skin they took off was incredible, but only weighed 4 1/2 lbs. I had a dexascan done, which measures bodyfat and lots of other great information. Unfortunately most docs only know dexascans for bone density. While it is the same machine, uses different software.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 69 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 258 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 324 views