What cha eating today, VSGers? - Thursday

LizTlilwitchy
on 5/19/16 10:13 am - Cincinnati, OH
VSG on 05/06/16

Hi Everyone!

I'm so glad you all post these threads!  I know they will be essential at times in my future!

13 days Post-Op

B: Proti-VLC Shake, Orange Cream.

L: Unjury Chicken Soup

S: Unjury Chicken Soup

D: Proti-VLC Shake Strawberry

S: Proti-VLC Blueberry

V: 2/3 done

W: working on it, sip, sip, sip.

E: Taking the dogs to the park after work to walk, walk, walk.

Liz T

5'7" HW: 280, Pre-Op:280, SW:262, M1:-24, M2: In Progress, CW:238  Surgery: VSG on 5/06/16

"Do it until you want to do it."  "Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better." ~ Maya Angelou

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 5/19/16 11:43 am
RNY on 08/05/19

I'm jealous that you can walk your dogs, mine are both leash-pullers and can be a handful. I can manage the corgi, especially since he gets tired quickly, but the shepherd is ridiculous!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

LizTlilwitchy
on 5/19/16 1:16 pm, edited 5/19/16 6:46 am - Cincinnati, OH
VSG on 05/06/16

Thanks Julie, and yes, I am very lucky.  I know where you are coming from though.  I walked my Dad's dog for several years after his health declined and he could no longer do it.  (She pulled him down on the ground three times before he told me what was going on!)  Her name was Corky and I used to call her Cork-screwy.  She was a 95 pound Wire-haired pointing Griffon.  (Very similar in size to a Sheppard).  She used to pull my arm nearly out of it's socket.  I used to joke that we were going out for our nightly drag!  She was sweet, but such a handfull!  She lived to be almost 15 years old.  I adopted her after my Dad had to move into assisted living.  She lived about another 4.5 years after that.  The two we have now are a lot easier to walk!

Liz T

5'7" HW: 280, Pre-Op:280, SW:262, M1:-24, M2: In Progress, CW:238  Surgery: VSG on 5/06/16

"Do it until you want to do it."  "Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better." ~ Maya Angelou

Pookie01
on 5/19/16 12:19 pm

I keep seeing the Atkins dinners on here.   I have never tried them.   Realizing everyone's tastes are a bit different but do you find them pretty tasty.   I have tried other meals such as healthy choice and smart ones and have trouble with the meat being rubbery?   I may have to try those. 

thanks

Judy

Judy  5'5"  HW 298  SW 270

lisapelly
on 5/20/16 9:27 am

I have found some are just ok and some are pretty bad and the only one I really like is the beef and broccoli.   I tried the pizza once it was ok.  I try to steer clear of processed foods mostly but some days you just can't.  

Pookie01
on 5/23/16 9:05 am

Might have to keep the beef broccoli on hand as a just in case meal

thanks for the info

Judy  5'5"  HW 298  SW 270

seabexlose
on 5/19/16 1:56 pm
VSG on 04/12/16 with

Hello, I also had a moment of weakness yesterday and ate some chocolate.  I think I was big-time PMSing.  Not happy that I let my emotions guide an eating choice, but I was able to keep it in control and within my nutritionist's calorie range for me (though I have been shooting under that for the most part).

B - turkey sausage, could only eat half a serving.  Just wasn't sitting right today.  Ate a piece of string cheese a bit later

L - tilapia cooked in 1 t olive oil with 1/2 T tartar sauce

S - Quest bar, most likely

D - Picking my mom up at the airport tonight so likely out to eat.  TBD.

V - on track

W - not amazing

E - The exercise physiologist led a 15 min workout at support group today. I'm also planning on getting my walk in before getting in the car to head to the airport.

psychoticparrot
on 5/19/16 2:04 pm

B: Coffee w/almond milk

L: Gyros and a morsel of feta, cucumber slices

D: Instant-pot pot roast, baby potatoes, carrots

S: Gummy vitamins, coffee, green seedless grapes

W: Coming along

V: Done

E: Country line dancing; grocery shopping

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

ocean37
on 5/19/16 3:13 pm - Lunenburg, Canada
VSG on 02/26/13

Been off the wagon for far too long but back on it today!  

Breakfast- oatmeal and coffee

lunch - yogurt and clementine 

Supper - Salad and pork spareribs

Snack - raw veggies and light dip 

Most Active