Stressing out

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 5/21/16 4:34 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

WTH?, you asked for an opinion & you got it. No one is judging you, who told you that you're eating wrong? If you just experienced a stall & can keep losing at 1200, then keep going, but after a certain point you won't be in a stall, you'll be in maintenance.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

CerealKiller Kat71
on 5/21/16 6:37 pm
RNY on 12/31/13
On May 21, 2016 at 6:33 PM Pacific Time, texasbumpkin wrote:

Talked to my nut and ahe said 1200 is where she wants me and  weighed myself today.....down 4 pounds.....it was just a stall.....ahe said due to make exercise and job type (not a sedentary job...average 5-7 miles of walking just at work) I need to eat that much plus the 80 grams of protein a day.....she looked at my meals and I am not getting the 80 grams of protien......I also have to say why does everyone assume I am doing something wrong and are accusatory thatI am eating wrong.....this will be me last post to this forum....you all are too judgy.

Well, since eating 1200 calories is working so well for you, you should just keep doing that.  

Everyone knows how concentration camps were full of obese people due to their suffering from starvation mode.

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

Ashley in Belgium
on 5/22/16 12:43 am - Belgium
RNY on 08/08/13

Exactly!  

Revision Band to RNY 8/8/13 5'4" HW 252 Lbs / SW 236 Lb / GW 135 lb / CW 127

Ashley in Belgium
on 5/22/16 12:48 am - Belgium
RNY on 08/08/13
On May 21, 2016 at 6:33 PM Pacific Time, texasbumpkin wrote:

Talked to my nut and ahe said 1200 is where she wants me and  weighed myself today.....down 4 pounds.....it was just a stall.....ahe said due to make exercise and job type (not a sedentary job...average 5-7 miles of walking just at work) I need to eat that much plus the 80 grams of protein a day.....she looked at my meals and I am not getting the 80 grams of protien......I also have to say why does everyone assume I am doing something wrong and are accusatory thatI am eating wrong.....this will be me last post to this forum....you all are too judgy.

What's judgy in this thread exactly?  Experienced folks answering your post?  Feel free to continue as you are doing.  Since that landed you in a stall and you weren't happy with that - why change anything?  

FYI - that was a judgy reply.  It's actually folks like you that send the experienced vets running to their private groups where support if given, ideas exchanged and folks agree to disagree without getting butt hurt.  

Seriously - we have BTDT.  Please come back when you are at Goal or below it and let us know how you got there and how you are maintaining there.  I'd really appreciate that info and if your experience is so different from the rest of us then that is important to share with everyone here. 

Again good luck with your journey.  No one wished you ill here.  We are all here to pay it forward.

CerealKiller Kat71
on 5/22/16 1:57 pm, edited 5/22/16 6:58 am
RNY on 12/31/13

Exactly.  Here's my judgy ---

I just want to ask these people who so reverently trust their NUT -- (who typically has two years of general nutrition education at most) -- has that NUT ever been morbidly obese and lost more than half her body weight?  

How many people in your program have actually gotten to goal?  If you start at over 300 lbs -- your eating requirements are going to be a lot different than "normies" -- and certainly if eating 1200 calories a day worked for maximum weight loss, that wouldn't be the amount so many of us eat to MAINTAIN.   

The sad part is that these same people will post at 12/15/18 months to 2,3,4 years out --

"Help -- I got down to [insert random number from goal] and then weight loss stopped.  Now, I have gained [insert 10, 20, 30, 50, etc] pounds back -- HELP!!"

Yep.  It's a mystery.  

Whatever.  Why should anyone listen to people who got to goal and maintained ???  

Not when your skinny-never-had-a-weight-problem NUT tells you to eat more!

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

Laura in Texas
on 5/22/16 2:57 pm

But but but weight loss surgery is MAGIC and we should be able to eat as much as we want and still be SKINNY!! Cutting back was NOT part of the deal!! 

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Ashley in Belgium
on 5/22/16 11:29 pm - Belgium
RNY on 08/08/13

Damn.  I so love you, you know this right?  

Could not have said it any better myself.  

seattledeb
on 5/21/16 4:04 pm

This response is for others reading.  The OP doesn't seem ready to hear anything.  

80 grams of protein = 320 calories. One gram of protein =4 calories. 

Do the math. All the other calories are fat and carbs. 

I lost weight by counting protein and really limiting carbs.

I gained weight by eating carbs.

If you are early out please maximize your losing. You will be in maintenance for the rest of your life. Don't start a maintance diet until you get to the weight you want to be.

Deb

Spencerella
on 5/21/16 5:26 pm - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

As has been stated, and contrary to your program's recommendation, you are going to need to lower your calories. Likely to 800 or less if you want to get to goal. I realize that's hard to hear, but that's the truth. The sooner you do that, the sooner you will be able to move back to maintenance calorie levels, which is where you are right now. 

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0