nosey coworkers

Laura in Texas
on 7/25/16 1:31 pm

People are definitely annoying. The comments do eventually stop. If you are talking about your surgery or diet in any form or fashion, you should stop. People think it gives them "permission" to ask you nosey questions like that.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Kris R.
on 7/25/16 1:38 pm - Walworth, NY

Oh, i like that last poster.  I'm going to say that , now i'm wishing for someone to ask me... 

A previous poster said, just tell them you see your doctor every 4 weeks and you don't check the scale - so I use that line when people ask me, i say, i don't have a scale and haven't seen my doctor, so don't really know.  leave it at that and walk away.  now, I get the - how are you doing it comment - i just say, gave up B&B - booze and bread (well carbs) but B&B sounds better.  And giving up the booze usually gets more of a response than the Bread.  like... oh and you still work here?  Wow, I could never do that, and 1 person said, you must have drank a lot.  i just laughed, the nerve of some people.  But I'm happy and that's really all that matters to me.  to heck with everyone else.

You can't take care of them, if you don't take care of you!!
Band 10/2006, removal 10/2010, VSG 02/08/2016

McLassie
on 7/26/16 1:39 pm
VSG on 07/25/16

"You must have drank a lot." Hahaha! 

I had an old coworker who had a lap band, and one of our frequent patients asked her how she lost the weight. She said, "I gave up candy." The patient said, "Wow! How much candy did you eat?!" Haha!

Oxford Comma Hag
on 7/25/16 1:58 pm

Ask them in turn how much money they made last year or another nosy, invasive question, preferably in a crowded room.

'Carol, did that boil finally clear up?' 

'Joe, how'd the Lotrimin work for that wicked case of athlete's foot you have?'

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

mylastchance
on 7/25/16 2:15 pm

I do like the "You go first" comment.  My mother always says  "I weight 16 ounces to the pound".  She has used that phrase since I was a kid.  It's nobody's business and that pretty much says it all. 

"I COULD HAVE MISSED THE PAIN BUT I'D OF HAD TO MISS THE DANCE"
             I have missed too many dances in my life now it is time to start living
5' 1"

Transcendence
on 7/29/16 1:11 am

At work in a meeting room I was with someone that lost a lot of weight. Someone walked in and asked her how much weight she had lost. She said a bit, due to changing her diet. The person this said "so how much?". I was so annoyed they had asked twice, in front of a bunch of people. She actually replied with how much she had lost the second time, which I hope she was OK with sharing (assume so).

I'm a private person and if anyone is that interested I'm going to shut it down. Well that's the plan.