VSG Fail

Grim_Traveller
on 7/28/16 12:45 am
RNY on 08/21/12

This is why tracking and logging your food can be critical. If you kept a food log after surgery, you already have a meal plan that you KNOW works. You KNOW you can lose weight on that plan, because you did before. Just go back to those food logs and use it as a meal plan -- each day, eat only what you did when you were successful.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Steph Meat Hag
on 7/28/16 1:56 pm - Dallas , TX
VSG on 03/14/16 with

I had a regain after a lapland, I revised to VSG.  I'm happy with that decision 10 fold, but not because it fixed me.  It fixed a bad tool, one that was uncomfortable and not the right choice for me.  But what I had to do before getting the VSG done is get my head in the game.  I had to have a come to jesus with myself and find out why I was back up to my highest weight.  You didn't include enough into for me to help you with anything.  But you know the info and thats all that's important.  

Write down what food makes you eat more and more of it like pizza, ice-cream, chips, and so on.  Stop eating those foods.

Look at your daily meals, is there a lot of extra calories from sauce, gravy, dressings? Get rid of them.

Are you truly eating protein first, if not start and get rid of the sides like rice, pasta, or other needless junk

Are you eating out a lot, find a way to limit that, they plate far too much food and it's easy to over eat even when taking 1/2 home

Emotional or bored eater, find something else to do or get out of the house for a walk

Anyway it's time to have that very hard talk with yourself and really figure out what your personal issue is.  It's hard, it'll make you mad, sad, feel bad and so on.  However that's when you know you've found it.  When you find it do expect your brain to resist and make up excuses to just keep doing it, to have some less often, or to make a deal about if you do this then you get that.  Tell your brain to F off and get yourself in the driver's set of good health.  I'm betting your sleeve is fine but your head got put in the backseat and is no longer driving. 

Age:40|Height: 5'9"|Lap Band 2/11/08 |Revision VSG 3/14/16

The cake is a lie, but Starbucks is not.

https://fivedaymeattest.com

happyteacher
on 7/29/16 6:08 am

Just tossing this out there- I had some regain last year. I feel blessed that getting to goal and maintaining overall has gone well up until last summer. Took a little time, but ended up that the acid issues triggered from a hiatel hernia had a lot to do with it. I had, without really thinking about it, changed my diet due to the loads of acid. Once I got the acid in check/hernia repaired the weight came back off and cruising along like normal again. So, if you have not thought about acid consder that. I had "silent" acid- not a lot of heartburn or anything. It had to get bad enough where it affected my disgestion/vomiting before I realized it was as much of a problem as what it was. Here is what I do to get back on track. I am gentle with myself and it usually takes 3-5 days to get back to fully on plan. I just work on making changes each day to improve, starting with gettting my calories low enough to at least stop the gaining.

Calories below 1200 (below 800 works better, but I have a hard time keeping to that so far out)

Protein at least at 80g, but weight loss is much better when I am at 120 or so. 

Tightly managed carbs.  I used to do 3og at meals and 15g at snacks. Now that is too much so I pair it back.

No grazing this is my greatest challenge

Stick to proteins and green leafy veggies, low glycemic fruits

Exercise- long walks, trips to the gym- anything to get you movig and away from the fridge. 

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 0 replies · 18 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 0 replies · 18 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 192 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 278 views