Food stuck hours later

Renren
on 8/1/16 10:31 am
VSG on 12/02/15

I'm 8 months post surgery and can only eat 1.5 ounces of solid protein at a time + a little bit of veggies. 2 ounces of protein and I feel sick(except for seafood) So I just eat more times per day than a lot of people, which I really like. Eat less than you think you need, and if you're hungry in a few hours, have a little bit more. You'll be much more comfortable. 

5'2.5" Surgery date/ 12-02-15 Dr.Valentine Boise ID

Highest:289 SW/212 CW 122

Goal/125-130

Goal reached at 10 months

happyteacher
on 8/1/16 7:44 pm

I used to really have a problem with this, and wonder if it might have been related to the hiatel hernia that was recently repaired. I would be miserable for at least a couple hours, but 7 hours was a thing for me as well. I would be sore for a few days and would revert to a liquid diet to rest the digestive system. Sorry you had 7 hours- that is really miserable. :( 

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Valerie G.
on 8/2/16 4:56 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

I swear, chicken breast sits in my stomach like a rock.  Some things I do to help it digest easier is in preparation to make it juicier (brining) and break down the dense protein fibers (pounding).  Finally, ditching breast whenever possible, and substituting thigh meat is even better.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

poplargreys
on 8/2/16 5:57 pm
VSG on 03/31/15

I had surgery a few months before you did, and I can't eat that much in a single meal, if I tried I'd likely vomit. I had one episode of feeling 'stuck' at about a year out, when I went 'wild' and tried to eat a few florets of raw broccoli. I couldn't even drink for the rest of the day, but by the next morning I felt okay. If I were you, I'd take this as a pretty clear sign that you're eating too much in a single meal if this is happening with any sort of regularity.

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 44 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 44 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 196 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 282 views