I got a call from my NUT

Grim_Traveller
on 8/12/16 8:48 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Your protein levels are a little low, but consistent since surgery. If you have a lot more you'd like to lose, I would continue keeping my carbs and calories low until the weight is off. Just continue to maximize your protein/calorie ratio in the meantime.

It will be a lot easier getting the weight off now, than if you up your calories and try to lose down the road.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

alouisa63
on 8/12/16 9:09 am - Farmington Hills, MI
VSG on 07/30/15

This is what I was thinking - thanks!

Starting Weight 375  SW 375 Height 5'9" 

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/12/16 9:11 am

Unfortunately she may be right.  PLus - you may chose to increase your fat- rather than carbs.  But 20 gr of carbs or less is really very little. Unless the 20 is  "net carbs". 

For a very long time I fought the "add carbs" to protein meals. Until I learned that most proteins will cause insulin release - (google food insulin index). if my meal has no carbs and I get most calories from proteins - then my Bs is going to drop... and since i follow a very low carb diet - my body will have no choice but to convert some of the proteins into sugars. My body become very efficient in that. 

now  i try to get more balanced" meals 20gr of proteins -5-10 gr of carbs (3-5 net carbs), and 5-10 gr of fat per meal.. doing that -iwas able to lower my protein intake to 70-80 gr per day and my bloodwork shows protein levels consistently over 7.

I avoid grains, and starches - and most fruits. but I will eat berries..and cooked veggies...and avocado and nuts for fat and carbs.

since i am back at my goal - I added more carbs - like cooked or raw carrots, and increased my fruit intake.  

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

alouisa63
on 8/12/16 9:50 am - Farmington Hills, MI
VSG on 07/30/15

For the most part, this is how I eat now. I avoid grains and processed carbs.  All carbs of from veggies and low GI fruit (apples - berries)

Starting Weight 375  SW 375 Height 5'9" 

White Dove
on 8/12/16 9:16 am - Warren, OH

Go to the site If it Fits Your Macros and look at what they calculate for you.  I do a lot more protein and have never had a protein deficiency.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 290 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 342 views