Gerd and VSG

bbknox
on 11/6/16 10:37 am - SC

You could be right.  Although I do  have to admit that I didn't follow the rules and regained more than 1/2 my weight  between 2010 and 2013.  I went for a colonoscopy and when I realized I had gained 75 lbs I used the liquid diet and colon cleanse as a jump start to get my weight down again.  It was a slower process but I am down over 50 lbs.  The hernia surgery would not be a problem except I have other problems too.

My esophagus does not want to work the way it should and if he hernia surgery is done wrong it can cause major swallowing problems.  I think the problems I have are fibro related or if not it is caused by side effects of macrobid.  

I took Macrobid for about 6 or 7 months and had some serious side effects that caused me to become almost homebound because I would get dizzy almost pass out.  I had no energy along with other symptoms.  Some of the symptoms subsided when I stopped taking the Macrobid but I still have very low energy levels and rarely leave the house.  

Hugs. Rita        5 ft 4 inches tall.

Karen D.
on 9/8/16 6:45 pm - NY
Revision on 11/24/15

Never had GERD/reflux (I call it heartburn) prior to surgery.  I ended up getting heartburn and take 1 Prilosec/day.  My doc wants me to wean off it so I'm doing that now.  Taking 1 every other day.  Going ok so far but on my no pill days I feel a slight burn.  Hoping I can stop taking it for good!  

lorylight
on 9/8/16 7:29 pm
VSG on 11/07/16

That's pretty much how I am. I have this burn in my stomach. Not so much in my chest or throat as long as I take my otc pepcid. I'm afraid it might get worst if I have the sleeve instead of the rny.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 164 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 440 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 459 views