Struggling

Donna L.
on 9/22/16 1:52 pm, edited 9/22/16 6:54 am - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

Yup, had the CT chest done in the ER - no clots or signs of clots and a "perfect vascular system" in their words.  Also had the leg ultrasound done with no visible clots.  Definitely nothing to mess around with though!

A lot of things can cause elevated d-Dimer, including rheumatoid factor, hypothyroidism, infections, and some other stuff.  Now that blood clots have been eliminated, we're going down the list.

I have chest pain and pressure with no shortness of breath, so that's a good (or bad) sign, depending.  I see the bariatric surgeon next week to discuss possible GI issues.

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

Heather L.
on 9/22/16 2:03 pm - Coquitlam, Canada
VSG on 03/26/15

I'm superglad for you that your CTs came back clean.  I just always worry that medical professionals (and bariatric surgery patients) will default to "this must be related to your surgery" and overlook the more obvious and common causes.

I hope it all gets resolved quickly and easily!

VSG Mar 26, 2015 Dr. Sharadh Sampath -- 5'3" -- 47YO -- HW: 294 - SW: 261 - CW: 192 - GW: 175
Bi-lateral Brachioplasty May 8, 2017 Dr. Owen Reid
Lower Body Lift Oct 2, 2017 Dr. Owen Reid

"Weight is lost in kitchens, health is gained in gyms." - Dr. Yoni Freedhoff

heatherisshrinking.tumblr.com

Donna L.
on 9/22/16 2:09 pm - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

I actually appreciate it Heather!  We are our own best advocates, too.  It's always good to be informed absolutely!

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

Donna L.
on 9/22/16 2:09 pm - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

Exhausted of medical tests, however I see the bariatric surgeon next week.  By the way, he is awesome, and I would absolutely suggest him to anyone in the Chicagoland area that doesn't want to get surgery in the city.

I'm also going to see about possibly doing intensive outpatient  for the binge eating disorder.  Intensive outpatient therapy is basically every day for a few weeks, but you are not hospitalized.  Often insurance will cover this, when they will not cover hospitalizations.  I don't know that I am severe enough for it, but we'll see!  Getting down to business!