Officially sleeved!

sheri.calabrese
on 12/16/16 6:02 am
VSG on 12/14/16

Thanks! I feel good, pain is very manageable and my fluids are going down easy so far. 

My consulation was in May. My surgery was supposed to be in November, but my paperwork went to the wrong place at my insurance company. 

Every insurance company is different on how long the process takes. Different hoops to jump. Some are very fast. Your surgeons office can usually tell you how long it takes. You can also call insurance and ask them. 

LostStar
on 12/16/16 10:36 am

Wow, that's great your pain is manageable. I meet my surgeon, dietician, and psychologist at my first appointment on December 21st. I called my insurance company a week ago, and they said they don't require a time frame to diet or anything like that, which is great. I don't have a history of high blood pressure or high sugar, so I'm hoping things can progress smoothly and quickly. I just got a ultrasound of my liver and spleen and an xray of my lungs this past week. I know it's wishful thinking, but if my first meeting is in December, is it out of the question that the operation could be by the end of February to mid March? It's at the University of Chicago.

sheri.calabrese
on 12/16/16 1:06 pm
VSG on 12/14/16

I don't have any health issues either but because my BMI was over 45 I qualified per my insurance and surgeons criteria. 

I don't think it's impossible to have surgery in two months. It will just depend on what your surgeon has you do since your insurance has no hoops, which is great!

Readyjwc
on 12/18/16 10:21 am
VSG on 01/05/17

Here in NH I was told that the quickest the process before surgery was 4 months. I started it in early September and having my first meeting with surgeon on Thursday. Surgery probably won't be until January. I was one of those " oh I can get everything done before 4 months" but alas, not everyone works on my time schedule smirk.

Your insurance requirements are great so it may be possible to get it in 2 mos. where you are.

Good luck - fingers crossed for you!

(deactivated member)
on 12/15/16 8:35 am
VSG on 10/31/16

Woo Hoo!  Welcome!  Congratulations!

Joshua H.
on 12/15/16 9:48 am
VSG on 10/26/16

Woohoo congrats!

akindofmagick
on 12/15/16 11:37 am - MD

HOORAY!!! Congratulations!  Keep walking and sipping - you're in for the ride of your life!!  :)

I've been fat, and I've been thin - and thin is better.  

There is a better way. --Alaine of Lyndar 
--------------------------
HW: 234. SW: 228 (18 June 2015). GW: 137. Specs: 50ish, 5'4"

MzReckley
on 12/17/16 2:02 pm
VSG on 01/09/17

Yayyyyy! My date is January 9th. I'm excited to be joining the losers bench right with you! 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 265 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 327 views