anyone else feel like this

patchoulli
on 1/21/17 5:02 pm - port charlotte, FL

Thank you.

paulag52
on 1/21/17 5:58 pm

No photo yet. I was feeling this way but I've waited long enough. I'm 64 and i

having sleeve done in 3 days just for me and finally feeling good about myself. Sick of raging insulin and want to look better. Nervous and excited!

Rachel B.
on 1/21/17 6:11 pm - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

You go girl!!!!

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

paulag52
on 1/23/17 11:11 pm

Tu

patchoulli
on 1/25/17 6:27 am - port charlotte, FL

Saying prayers right now, thank you for this.  I keep second guessing myself, "only 20% of my stomach, what if I cant eat"???...Like that ever happened in my almost 60 years..Im excited for you, please keep posting.  Marian

catwoman7
on 1/24/17 9:05 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I can't even count the number of times over the last 40 or so years I've lost a significant amount of weight, only to gain it all back.  Over and over and over again.  I finally faced the fact that I'm unfortunately not one of the 5% of people who are able to do this (lose all their excess weight and keep it off).  So I bit the bullet and had the surgery.  I should have done this 20 years ago.  Other than some "buyer's remorse" the first couple of weeks (the first few weeks can be rough), I've never for a minute regretted it.  I'd do it again in a heartbeat.  If I had to go back every year to have it re-done, I would.  I am THAT happy with it!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Travelher
on 1/24/17 6:59 pm
Revision on 10/04/16

I was on Facebook yesterday when someone mentioned she didn't thing anyone under 220 should have surgery (she was over 300). If find it interesting that someone being helped by wls would want to deny it to someone just because they have a lower BMI.  The felt that they should lose it he old fashioned way.   I found it amusing...you couldnt but they should?!   

she was a 20 something talking about a 50 year old and that she should exhaust all her weight loss options first.  My response was something to the effect of "believe me, at age 50 I've gained and lost your starting body weight at least 3 times over." Really probably closer to five.    At a certain point you are done with the yoyo cycle...when I was 20...the cycle was between 140-180 lbs, by my late 40s after my band failure it was 220-260.  Took 30ish years to get there gaining and losing 40ish lbs a year.  Metabolism shot.  

I revised to rny rny and not looking back.  I feel I did this in the nick of time.

VSGAnn2014
on 1/24/17 7:43 pm, edited 1/24/17 11:44 am
VSG on 08/14/14

Guilt and shame about being overweight / obese ... oh, yeah.  

I'm not going to write a treatise about this because it's late and I want to go to sleep soon. But ... 

Yes, I felt guilt and shame about being obese and nearly immobilized and agoraphobic because I was so pissed at myself for not fixing the problem before things had gotten that bad.  Society didn't make me feel that way.  I had manufactured those feelings myself and sincerely owned them.  

But now, 2.5 years after surgery and after starting several months earlier to regain control of my eating and moving behaviors, I feel completely the opposite of guilty and shameful.  Instead, I'm so very proud of myself.  I have so much more confidence.  I've built very different habits and a new lifestyle that supports health.  Those feelings didn't change overnight for me, but they grew steadily as I made consistent changes, as my own discipline grew.  

Those are old-fashioned words and concepts:  consistency, discipline, accountability, responsibility.  One of the most old-fashioned terms is "good habits."  But they're actually the basis of my self-pride in my new self-care skills.  

I lost 100 pounds over 18 months and have maintained that weight loss for the last 12 months.  Compared to the true vets on this board I'm still a newbie.  I look forward to being 5 years out and still at my weight goal.  Then to 10 years out and weighing the same as today.  I have learned that to achieve my years-long goals I only have to do for the next 24 hours what I need to do.  I've learned that 24 hours is something I can handle.  :)  

ANN 5'5", AGE 74, HW 235.6 (BMI 39.2), SW 216, GW 150, CW 132, BMI 22

POUNDS LOST: Pre-op -20, M1 -10, M2 -11, M3 -10, M4 -10, M5 -7, M6 -5, M7 -6, M8 -4, M9 -4,
NEXT 10 MOS. -12, TOTAL -100 LBS.

diane S.
on 1/26/17 10:38 am

Well I was always embarrassed by my inability to lose weight and keep it off. Every time I would gain it back and then more. I finally gave up traditional dieting as it seemed to result in more weight gain. 

Glad you are healthy now but if you are significantly over weight, sooner or later it catches up to you. Better to get the weight off now before that happens. After 7 years I have never regretted my choice. I had surgery at age 58 and felt crappy and now feel better than ever. You won't regret it.  Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 0 replies · 35 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 0 replies · 35 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 194 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 279 views