I'm sleeved!

rachelp
on 2/13/17 7:08 am
VSG on 08/01/16

Glad you got that figured out. For some reason the pain from the surgery was more tolerable than the side effects of the meds they were giving me. Once I got all that crap out of my system I was good to go! 

Readyjwc
on 2/3/17 2:06 pm
VSG on 01/05/17

So sorry to hear what you're going through. Walk and walk some more. That will help with the gas. I wouldn't have thought to drink apple juice right after surgery. I would have thrown it up too. I was sleeved on 1/23 and I haven't had juice yet.

Gosh, I don't know what the problem is with the small screen. Did Dr. give you a patch to put on the night before your surgery? I put mine on and didn't have any nausea.

I sure hope you feel better. It's awful when you're excited about something and then it fall flat. Just remember that it's only temporary.

Take care

Jan

Height 5'4 Starting weight: 225 Surgery weight: 216 Goal Weight: 135 Surgery date: 1/23/17 Portsmouth, NH

The little engine that could.....

DubfromBP
on 2/3/17 7:53 pm
VSG on 10/13/15

Awesome !!!!!

Apple juice would've done me in, too.

Walk as much as you can and as often as you can.  You are going to love your sleeve.

Live, love and make the most out of what your surgeon has done for you...........live your life without excuses and without regrets.

Kelly Jean
on 2/4/17 5:01 am
VSG on 04/08/14

Congratulations and it will get easier...  For me warm room temp water was the only thing that worked for me ....  And walk walk walk walk more lol and sip sip sip and sip more...  

yvranx42
on 2/5/17 10:15 am
VSG on 02/01/17

Thanks for all the advice! Today is day 4 now, and I'm feeling so much better. I got down 2/3 of a protein shake this morning, and I'm hitting 60-72 oz of liquids throughout the day.

that said - I'm very lethargic. 10 minute walk makes me want to nap for an hour. When I am up, I feel somewhat lightheaded, but I assume this is all from having such a small calorie consumption. I'm just glad the nausea and gas pain is mostly gone!!

Idreamofforeverhealthy
on 2/5/17 10:37 am
VSG on 02/01/17

So glad that you are feeling better!  I'm exhausted too. I was up for a bit with my family and now I'm ready to sleep again.  I've had several major surgeries, so I am familiar with this process. However, it's still amazing how exhausting surgery is. 

I hope that today is a good one for both of us. :)  Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Rachel 

yvranx42
on 2/11/17 1:29 pm
VSG on 02/01/17

My same surgery day pal? Hows everything going for you now?

I've been doing really well since I stopped my anti nausea med on Tuesday. I get through 2 protein shakes plus an Unjury soup each day, so I'm getting about 80g protein. Fluid level is good too, 64-96 oz per day.

I have to say that I'm getting excited to have something a little more substantial in a few days.

Idreamofforeverhealthy
on 2/11/17 5:06 pm
VSG on 02/01/17

Yep. I'm your same day surgery pal. It sounds like you are doing fantastic with water and protein. I'm doing well on both, but not hitting 96oz of fluid.  Where do you put it all? :)

I'm ready for real food too, my follow-up is on the 16th to get cleared for mushies. 

I made protein ice cream today that is on the world according to egg-face blog and that was a nice change from drinking protein. I recommend giving it a try just for something different texture wise.

Wishing you continued health and recovery.

Rachel

yvranx42
on 2/12/17 6:00 am
VSG on 02/01/17

I'm just keeping a water cup and a tea cup near me all day. I just keep sipping. I've been adding tart cherry concentrate to my water to keep gout flare ups at bay.

Sounds like you are doing great too! So happy! Keep up the great work. 

I'll check out the recipe. I bought a protein ice cream bar that I tried, but it was not good. Anything for some variety at this point!

PUGGLESPUPS
on 2/5/17 1:19 pm - MA

Congrats on your new tool.   things will get easier as each day goes by.   wishing you the best.   and fast recovery.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 76 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 279 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 332 views