Negative Nancies - venting

soontobe_blondegodd
ess

on 8/20/18 9:06 am
VSG on 08/16/12

Sounds like she is jealous and you just keep rocking what you are doing..... huge win for you! congratulations!

Caff
on 8/22/18 6:03 am

Congratulations on your success!

My sister is MO and has had a difficult time with my weight loss. I know she loves me and supports me, but I also know my journey has forced her to confront some issues she isn't ready to address.

I have encountered a few people like this, and I'm learning to shrug it off as their issue, not mine.

In fact, three years ago my coworker had RNY and I struggled with it. We were always the two big girls at the office, and now it was just me. I had some ugly emotions come up - jealousy, denial, criticizing her to others. Yup. I hated myself for it and that was when the light bulb went off for me. I realized how unhappy I was, and that I wanted to be where she was. And look at me now :)

Some people are just arses and deserve to be blocked. But a little empathy can go a long way in processing their reactions, to avoid feeling hurt (I still get 'irked' though!)

Referral - 05/16, Orientation @ HRH - 19/08/16, Surgeon - 06/04/17, NUT/SW/RN - 26/6/17 VSG - 11/10/17 Pre-Op - 27 lbs M1: 22 lbs M2: 14 lbs M3: 11 lbs M4: 13 lbs M5: 9 lbs M6: 9 lbs M7: 7 lbs

Fanniemae
on 9/13/18 10:17 am

Mellsbells,

You go girl. I don't know how much you have lost but fitting into every size is a milestone to be celebrated.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 127 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 365 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 410 views