Rise of the Phoenix

LIZA B.
on 5/10/11 10:09 pm - GARNER, NC
Hello my wls family!!  It's been 10 years since my rny, and although I've gained about 50lbs from my absolute lowest, I still feel wonderful.  The only complications I've had is that I have a tendency to be very anemic, but that's because over the years I've fallen off the wagon to my eating habits and vitamin supplements.

That being said, I have decided I want to get back to basics and start using my tool again to get me to where I want to be.  I did it once, I know I can do it again.  I just wonder after 10 years will all the habits I had before will still work the same.  I still can not eat big amounts of food.  I probably eat in a meal what a normal person should eat, 4oz of protein, some veggies and a small additional side. 

I don't stay full very long, because I've made the mistake of drinking all the time, before, during, and after meals.  If I discontinue that, will I truly stay full longer?  How does one determine how much they've stretched their pouch?  I've moved since my surgery, and have not been in touch with my surgeon for at least 7 years.  Currently both my husband and I are out of work, so I can not afford to find another bariatric surgeon at this point.

I feel confident that I don't think I need a revision, b/c I know in my heart of hearts the surgery hasn't failed.  I just have not been putting in the effort that I should.  I've been aware that I made that decision and am okay with it, but now it's time for me to get back on this road and finish what I started.  Oh, and I had a TT about a year after my RNY, and a year after that found out we were pregnant with our last child.  Lovely Olivia.  I believe that is what set me on the path to my eating habits, as I was so worried I wasn't going to be eating enough for her.  Of course afterwards there was no excuse, except for the 8 months of breastfeeding, but even after that there was no excuse. :)

So, there's my story.  Any ideas, thoughts, suggestions, encouragements are more than welcome and asked for.

I'm so thrilled to be back amongst my wls family!

Love & Peace,
Liza
Kim S.
on 5/10/11 11:13 pm - Helena, AL
Welcome back!  Yes, you need to get back to basics, but don't try to limit your caloric intake too much.  Shoot for 1,200 per day MINIMUM and get at least 100 grams of protein.  Track your food on the Health Tracker on this site.  I still enter mine every day, M-F. 

The most important thing you must do is become a regular exerciser, and build some muscle.  Long term weight loss success is almost effortless if this becomes a part of your life.  Start slow, and work up to getting at least 5 workouts a week mixing weight training and cardio.

You did this before, you can do it again, and most importantly--YOU ARE WORTH IT.

Come here often for support--we are here for you.

Kim

Most Active
Recent Topics