Hi again!

fiveholts714
on 7/11/11 12:25 pm - St. George, UT
I havent been on the boards in ages. I had a RNY a little over 2 years ago. My goal was 175 and I made it to 192. I've recently rededicated to getting off the last of the weight. I've had a few complications from the surgery but I still do not regret it. A few weeks after my original surgery I had a stricture that required an endoscopy but that fixed it. In January my dh had a terrible car accident which wasn't his fault. He was badly badly injured so we are adjusting to a new form of life. He will never be the same. A couple I'd months after that I suddenlymhad an internal hernia and volvulous. Luckily I didnt lose any bowel and it was fixed with a lap surgery. Then 3 weeks later, almost to the day, I developed a small bowel obstruction from adhesions and had a major abdominal surgery. I was in the hosptial for almost a week and I remember almost none of it, which is creepy since I work at the hosptial as a nurse!

All of this horribleness reminded me of why I had the surgery in the first place - to improve my health so I could be around for my kids. I am back on the wagon and will get off the rest of this weight. My husband's life span will undoubtedly be shortened by this accident and my kids are little so I need to be strong and healthy. My oldest has autism and other problems so I really need to be around for him.

I'm tracking my food on Livestrong and rejoined the gym. I have 17 pounds to go! Ignore my tracker at the bottom. I need to figure out how to delete it.

DailyMae123
on 7/12/11 7:32 am
Sounds like your coping the best you can.  Good luck!

Most Active
Recent Topics