so happy to be back in control

alpal1015
on 4/15/12 10:29 pm - Manalapan, NJ
 After posting about my recent regain and out of control eating, I am happy to report that I feel back in control for the first time in a long time. I am taking part in a 10 week fitness challenge and it has re-motivated me. I think the biggest help is that the nutrition plan has eliminated gluten and dairy from my diet. It's amazing how my cravings have subsided. BTW:
 I have been seeing a lot of posts about reactive hypoglycemia and how this leads to regain. I haven't been officially diagnosed but I definitely have all the symptoms. Do I need to be seen by a dr. for this or should I just control it with my diet?
Not the Same Dawn
on 4/17/12 12:43 pm - BEE EFF EEE, CA

My doctor and I discussed the RH thing and I'd rather treat it with diet than have them test me to see if I really have it..it requires me fasting and then drinking that syrupy stuff..I know that if I drink that syrup, I'm gonna get really sick..and then I'm gonna have a blood sugar drop that will have them putting me in an ambulance..no go for me but I'm a big chicken!

I just make sure I have something that takes a LONG time to digest like dense protein or fibrous carbs along with any carbs I eat..peanut butter on apple slices..stuff like that..and I do eat every couple of hours but stay about 1500 calories a day..and move more. With the weather turning nice now..that's not hard.

Yes, RNY worked for me but it also requires a lot of work from me!

Before Surgery: 214
Highest Weight: 240
Now: 125.6
Goal: 130
alpal1015
on 4/17/12 9:24 pm - Manalapan, NJ
It's funny you said all that because this program I'm on stresses eating lots of small meals, and all the carbs are dense - no white sugar or flour. Since starting, I haven't had any episodes of RH. I also eat about 1500 cals. a day (maybe even more on some days) but I am working out like crazy. So far, I've dropped at least a size.
Most Active
Recent Topics