Accountability Tuesday

Leslie P.
on 7/31/12 10:52 pm - Yucca Valley, CA
 I crashed out last night before I could post.  I was exhausted.  I think it has something to do with the weather.  It has been overcast, muggy and hot.  I just feel pretty dragged down...

Here's the food:

32oz water and am vitamins
B: 1 slice protein bread, 2 slice ham, 1 slice cheddar cheese, 1 tbsp cream cheese
Iced venti sugar free vanilla 2% latte
L:  1 cup white chicken chili, 1/2 peach
32oz water and pm vitamins
D: Flatout Flat bread, 1/2 cup sauteed onions/seasoned ground turkey/ fat free re-fried beans, 1/3 cup cheddar cheese, 1/2 oz pork rinds
S: Supreme Protein bar

Cals: 1757, Fat: 73.5, Carbs: 110, Protein: 130.5

Since I weigh myself once a month today was the day.  I was pretty shocked to see I was 189.6  I haven't been there in a really long time.  It feels like an affirmation that what I am doing, the tracking, the accountability and the choices are working.  Not to mention that my body feels physically good as well.  By the way glad to be getting to know you and to have you posting as well Michele!  Type at you later :D
   High Weight:  394                     Surgery Weight:  345

Here's to never forgetting where I came from so I never have to return...
Michele816
on 8/1/12 6:34 am
 I am a day later with my posts.  i should just post at night before I head upstairs, but I don't always think of it.  Yesterday was a really good day.  Lots of movement, good food choices (There was some grazing so my numbers are probably slightly higher than listed-a few pretzels and handful of dry cereal.  I really felt like i needed to eat something and as they weren't horrible choices, I am okay with it yesterday. Grazing is my nemesis, though, so I have to be careful!)

Calories: 1558
Carbs: 144 / 37%
Protein: 151 / 39%
Fat: 49 / 24%
19 fiber
53 sugar

Fitbit stats:
Steps: 10,944
Floors climbed: 18
Miles: 5.01
Calories Burned: 1948

Not the Same Dawn
on 8/1/12 1:04 pm - BEE EFF EEE, CA
Wow..great numbers. Actually, when I have numbers below 1600, I feel like I can have a couple of carby treats, like microwave kettle corn (the single serving ones)..or 3 sugar free wafer cookies (no more than that or I get a tummy ache)..That way I can actually plan for an *off road* treat.

You did great! Are you drinking enough water so that your system doesn't go into ketosis?

Yes, RNY worked for me but it also requires a lot of work from me!

Before Surgery: 214
Highest Weight: 240
Now: 125.6
Goal: 130
Michele816
on 8/2/12 1:37 am
 Yeah, I always get more than 64 ounces and during the summer I am getting more than 80 ounces a day.

Not the Same Dawn
on 8/1/12 1:01 pm - BEE EFF EEE, CA
On August 1, 2012 at 5:52 AM Pacific Time, Leslie P. wrote:
 I crashed out last night before I could post.  I was exhausted.  I think it has something to do with the weather.  It has been overcast, muggy and hot.  I just feel pretty dragged down...

Here's the food:

32oz water and am vitamins
B: 1 slice protein bread, 2 slice ham, 1 slice cheddar cheese, 1 tbsp cream cheese
Iced venti sugar free vanilla 2% latte
L:  1 cup white chicken chili, 1/2 peach
32oz water and pm vitamins
D: Flatout Flat bread, 1/2 cup sauteed onions/seasoned ground turkey/ fat free re-fried beans, 1/3 cup cheddar cheese, 1/2 oz pork rinds
S: Supreme Protein bar

Cals: 1757, Fat: 73.5, Carbs: 110, Protein: 130.5

Since I weigh myself once a month today was the day.  I was pretty shocked to see I was 189.6  I haven't been there in a really long time.  It feels like an affirmation that what I am doing, the tracking, the accountability and the choices are working.  Not to mention that my body feels physically good as well.  By the way glad to be getting to know you and to have you posting as well Michele!  Type at you later :D
Awesome about the scale number..Congrats! It's working! I have to say your numbers are pretty spectacular..

I was exhausted Tuesday too. We got in at 6 am after driving nearly 22 straight hours. The first night (last Wednesday) we drove straight through to Boise and then continued to drive to Idaho Falls..We finally stopped about 5 pm on Thursday..what a grind! So much time in the car, I didn't want to drive to work. I'd have run or rode a bike if it wasn't 32 miles away.

Oh, and my aunt who is running out of ideas for feeding my uncle with his diabetes asked me for menu ideas cuz I have such a good handle on my Reactive Hypoglycemia..score!
Yes, RNY worked for me but it also requires a lot of work from me!

Before Surgery: 214
Highest Weight: 240
Now: 125.6
Goal: 130
Leslie P.
on 8/1/12 2:05 pm - Yucca Valley, CA
 Thanks :).  That is hardcore about the driving.  I shouldn't be surprised though.  And as far as helping out your aunt you are going to be invaluable to her.  Doing the accountsbility thread while you were gone made me appreciate what it must have been like for you to do it for so long no matter who showed up to join you.  In my book you are a stud...
   High Weight:  394                     Surgery Weight:  345

Here's to never forgetting where I came from so I never have to return...
Most Active
Recent Topics