Twins didn't derail me why now?

Keller
on 8/16/12 3:22 pm - Yreka, CA
I had RNY gastric bypass in March of 2007. I lost 120 lbs total. I don't want to write a novel here, but we have ended up using IVF to have twins in February of 2011 and have adopted two other small children. I lost all the weight from my twin pregnancy within a month. However, after I stopped nursing them, I had a hard time going back to the lifestyle. I have since gained 40 lbs! I am soooo scared!

I have not been on the forums since 2008. Any sugestions? Is this the right board for my issue?

Ladytazz
on 8/16/12 8:58 pm
This is a good place to start but you might also go to the RNY forum since it's more active and you might get more responses there.  Also, it sounds like you are a lightweight so you might want to check out that forum, too.
The only suggestions I might have are to go back to basics, protein first, lots of fluids, avoid things like bread, sugar, pasta, crackers, etc.  I found what works best for me is to aim for at least 100 grams of protein and 100 oz of fluids a day.  There are places such as this forum where you can post what you are eating and get ideas and advice.
Congratulations on the twins and the other kids.  I am sure you have your hands full.  Keep it simple and make it as easy on yourself as possible.  It doesn't have to be complicated.  Just get into a rhythm with your eating and you will be surprised how fast it goes.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Keller
on 8/17/12 3:05 am - Yreka, CA
Thank you for your response! I had to giggle about the light weight comment. I am actually 219 lbs right now. My lowest weight was 160, but I'm a very tall and large woman so I need to be between 170-180 lbs somewhere. I'll check out the main RNY board.

Most Active
Recent Topics