5 day diet STINKS!

sharlenew
on 10/7/12 2:36 am - Steelville, MO
I started my 5 day diet today since I have gained 20 pounds over my goal.  Its awful!!!  I am craving food really bad.  Sugar free jello and water isn't doing it.  I need support quickly please.
Sharlene

Hugs,
Sharlene
(deactivated member)
on 10/7/12 4:35 am
You can do this. Just remember this is all to benefit you and make you bette. This is to help TEACH you how to fight those food demons. You need to take control of these cravings. That is the only way you are going to beat this. Losing weight is the easy part. Maintenence is the hardest part and when you can pinpoint a problem you need to try and work through it. That is the only way you are going to stay successful. If you don't fight you are going to go back to the way you were before and I bet you don't want that. Food does't control you, you control the food and you control if you want to be healthy or not. IT'S ALL UP TO YOU, YOU YOU!!!! Make the right choice to respect yourself and remember YOU DO DESERVE TO BE HAPPY AND HEALTHY.
bmt09
on 10/10/12 7:33 am
The key for me is the protein shakes.  They help so much.
Not the Same Dawn
on 10/10/12 11:43 am - BEE EFF EEE, CA
I'm sorry you're having problems..The 5 day pouch test (diet like you called it) serves a great purpose..to detoxify yourself and your system of white carbs and sugar..it's useful for that but it's hard..really really hard. It also re-shrinks your pouch to what it was early out from surgery. After you've drank as much water as you can and drank all the protein shakes you can absolutely stand, you start over.

Protein first..dense protein will keep you satisfied longer..lots of fiber will keep you satisfied for longer..and then the water too.

20 pounds isn't that much..you can do this. Start with baby steps and plenty of things you can change without feeling sorry for yourself or thinking you're failing..Cuz you're not..Keep going. It's worth it..YOU'RE worth it!
Yes, RNY worked for me but it also requires a lot of work from me!

Before Surgery: 214
Highest Weight: 240
Now: 125.6
Goal: 130
msbutterfly23
on 10/15/12 1:53 am - TX
Sharlene,

I hope you were able to get over this "hump." I have my surgery on next Monday (10/22) and while I have not experienced the rough road and the trials and tribulations of this journey as many of you have, I have no doubt that it is (will be) one of the best things you can do for yourself. Remember what got you to where you were and the joy you felt. The sacrifices are certainly worth it, I'm sure. You have paid your dues, don't let "life" take control. Best wishes to you as you CONTINUE your journey in the RIGHT direction.

Surgery Date 10-22-2012 5'3" SW:239.5 GW:130 It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?..."Marianne Williamson        

Most Active
Recent Topics