ASHAMED

queenfairy
on 5/16/14 4:01 am - midland, TX
RNY on 02/17/09 with

OMG I need help ive gained about 30 lbs in the last 6 months...I eat like I did before ...I know am not supposto, I know its a tool , I know its on me to get back on track ...but I don't want to stop eat eating!! :(

I know if I do my pouch test I can get back into it I don't want to :( I MEAN I DO BUT I DONT ..HELP ME PLS

TaNyA BeCeRrA

Laura in Texas
on 5/16/14 10:30 am

It is hard work to maintain. Our weight loss surgery is just a tool. I hope you can forgive yourself for the gain and decide that you are worth the effort.

Stop making excuses and make better choices before you gain it all back.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Andy Lafferty
on 5/16/14 11:50 pm - Baltimore, MD

It's ok we all fall off the wagon. I suffer from food addiction and have in the last 6 months put on 40 lbs. I am slowly going back down lost 17 lbs of it ,but the food addiction is always there. It's like a motor or switch is turned-on/flipped when I put food in my mouth. It's not easy,but then again what we did to get into our situation that lead us to the WLS and then what we did to lose the weight the first time wasn't easy too. We just have to battle the demons in our head and put them back into the box. We were given the tools and education on what and what not to do. Now we just have to put it into play once again and stick to our guns. Life is a decision, do we want to remain where we are and feel bad or do we want to be healthy and live life to the fullest?

Well I hope you can get back on the right path.

Good luck

-Andy 

The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

justtogetback40
on 5/17/14 2:27 pm

OMG me too! I feel horrible!

cjonsite
on 5/17/14 11:56 pm

I too, have gain quite a bit back....but I've decided to start changing small things daily.  This helps since it's no so overwhelming......less carbs....more protein. Also.....artificial sweetener are a huge part!!  The more you eat the more you want!   Small steps.....

datachick
on 5/18/14 11:08 pm - WA
VSG on 10/26/12

How about some professional help?

VSG 10/26/12 • HEIGHT 5'4"
GW = 140 lbs met Month 9
CW = 133
lbs
Loss per Month: 8 >  9 > 7 > SURGERY  > 15 > 10 > 10 > 10 > 7 > 5 > 6
  > 6 > 5 > 5 > 0

It works if you work it; it sorta works if you sorta work it; and it doesn't work if you don't work it.

White Dove
on 5/18/14 11:44 pm - Warren, OH

I am working on a program based on the book Potatoes Not Prozac by Dr. Kathleen DesMaisons. 

The book explains exactly why some people are addicted to sugar and carbs and others can take it or leave it.

Test:  You come home from work, the house is empty, you are not hungry, but the house smells delicious.  There is a big plate of warm freshly baked chocolate chip cookies on the kitchen table.  What do you do?

If you say "I would ignore the cookies, go upstairs, change clothes and start dinner" you are not a sugar addict.

If you say. "I would grab a cookie and probably keep eating them" then you are a sugar addict.

The book explains why you are born with a different brain chemistry (often because of one or more alcoholic parent), how the brain works to make you crave sugar and what steps you can take to overcome it.

The pouch test might help for a few days, but the secret to losing the weight and keeping it off is learning how your brain works and then following the Seven Step Program to lose that weight.  I have no financial interest in the book or in the Radiant Recovery website, but they have great tools and are something I advise people to look into.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

lisa2job
on 5/19/14 9:42 am, edited 5/19/14 9:42 am - WA
VSG on 09/06/12

I am just shy of 2 years out and recently gained back 17 of my 119 lbs loss....  I cant eat as much as before surgery but i started back on all my bad habits ,  cookies, chocolate, cake and probably any fattening food that you could think of that got me fat to begin with .  Food is an addiction and boy do i have it bad....   I gave lots of excuses to the reason why I was doing it  but it comes down to choice,  I have the choice to not eat it,  I have the choice to start over and get back to basics.  

Start today !! make your choice and go back to basics, this is a tool so use it !!! you can do this make your choice .  I made my choice today to start back to basics ,  I went back to myfitnesspal.com and i am logging in my food to stay within caloric goal.....  

jastypes
on 5/20/14 6:37 am - Croydon, PA

I had a 45 pound regain at one point, but have managed to lose that plus some more.  I work a program of recovery through Overeaters Anonymous.  WLS is one tool, the program of OA offers 9 more.  The pouch test is a very temporary thing.  You need a more lasting way of eating and living.  Good job reaching out here.  See if you can find support groups in your area.  That was the first step I took to taking my life back.  Well, that and putting down alcohol!

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

Tri_harder
on 5/21/14 1:29 am
Most Active
Recent Topics