Encouragement!

jastypes
on 6/6/14 3:54 am - Croydon, PA

I just wanted to send out some encouragement today.  I had RNY in May 2007.  I lost 135 pounds quickly and relatively easily.  I developed alcoholism and re-gained 45 pounds.  I got sober.  I went to OA and started working the steps.  That was in February 2011.  With the help of OA, my sponsor, my WLS support group, my nutritionist and, most of all, my Higher Power, not only did I re-lose the 45 pounds, but even more.  I did struggle with abstinence, though, for a while.  Today, I have been abstinent from compulsive overeating since July 10, 2013, and am maintaining a 141 pound weight loss, which all parties concerned have agreed is where my body is comfortable.  Could I lose another 35 pounds?  Sure, if I wanted to drive myself insane, tweak, restrict and struggle.  The journey has been difficult at times, frustrating and irritating.  Just for today, though, I am happy, joyous and free.  I am truly content with my body, mind and spirit.  This is an awesome space to be in, and it is definitely available for every single compulsive overeater who works this simple 12-step program consistently with a sponsor. 

Thank you for letting me share.

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

YummyMummy1
on 6/6/14 6:06 am - Hawthorne, CA
Congrats JASTYPES!

Awesome news!
Thanks a lot for the shout out! Need to hear that some out there was also like me.
I am not an alcoholic but I do drink every other weekend. To the point that I know that that habit has been a reason why I have gained 42 pounds. I am now weighing 178 pounds as of this morning.
This past Monday, I went to the doctor and I was 183.2 OUCH!
Came back to work angry. Angry with myself because I have let this out of control. I do eat food that I should not be touching, but honestly...I am pretty good about eating OKAY food. I don't go for burgers and all but when I feel like eating bad... I go for bread and rice.
I would really like to here what you did to lose those 45 pounds. How long did it take you? What was your meal plan?

Again... Congrats!

YummyMummy1

jastypes
on 6/6/14 6:36 am - Croydon, PA

It took me about 6 months to lose it, working closely with my nutritionist, and support networks.

No sugar. No fast food. No corn chips.

Meal #1 - 7:30 - 8:00 a.m.

1-2 proteins (2 eggs, or 1 egg and 1 oz ham, etc.)

1 grain (1 sl bread or ½ c. oatmeal, etc.)

(I want to be able to throw some veggies into eggs -- onions, peppers, tomatoes, mushrooms)

Meal #2 - 10:30 a.m.

1 piece of fruit or ½ c. cut up fruit

Meal #3 - 1:00 p.m.

2 oz protein with 1 c. raw salad with 1 tbsp dressing or ½ c cooked veggie and 1 starch

OR

Lean Cuisine/Smart Ones with salad or a fruit

OR

Subway meal (turkey/flatbread/veggies/fat free or baked chips) or

McDonald’s meal (salad/grilled chicken/low fat dressing/croutons)

Meal #4 - 3:30 p.m.

Fruit or dairy (I love dannon light and fit flavored greek yogurt)

Meal #5 - 6:30 - 7:30 p.m.

2-3 oz protein with ¼ c. starch and ¼ c. veggie or a salad

(I want to be able to eat 6 oz of lasagna or pizza if it’s planned in place of protein/starch -- but this will be rare)

Meal #6 - 9:30 - 10:00 p.m.

Either a single item or two different items, i.e. dairy or fruit or starch OR fruit/cheese, cereal/milk

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

Marena G.
on 6/6/14 11:46 am - LA
VSG on 07/16/12

Hi Jastypes, Congratulations for getting past your difficult set backs.  I had my sleeve two years ago.  I lost 69 lbs, and I have been stuck at that weight since six months after my procedure.  The scale moves two up three down and vise versa.  It is so hard, I have Lupus so I don't drink but I do take pain meds, which are seeming to put my mind and worries more at ease than my joint pains and fibromyalgia.  I get so frustrated and depressed that I did not loose any more weight.  I see everyone else on here and other friends and family members that have lost 100+ lbs.  I feel like my sleeve was done for nothing.  Any how reading your post gives me inspiration to start all over again tomorrow.  I am actually taking your menu plan as well and try to use it as a guide.  Wish me luck....and keep up the awesome job.

YummyMummy1
on 6/6/14 7:56 am - Hawthorne, CA
OMG Thank YOU JASTYPES!
Thank you for taking the time to share your meal plan.
I have copied and pasted this to my wall at work and I will make a copy for home.

I did start on Tuesday with a JUICING craze but on the 2nd day I needed "human food". LOL!

I can really relate with you in regards to the out of control drinking and gaining 40 pounds without having any control.

I'm coming back everyday to OH daily. We shall keep in touch!
Thank you.

YummyMummy1

Healthyjourney
on 6/7/14 12:04 am, edited 6/7/14 12:09 am

It's great you lost 135 pounds!!! Then were able to pull it together and re-lose 45 pounds. Congratulations. I am 3 and 1/2 years post RNY and have had no real problems. But I do know some people face real setbacks. I have been working on a website to offer information and inspiration to those who had WLS or considering it. I ask and encourage others to share their weight loss story to help others. It would be great if you would share some of your story on my before and after page. http://www.gastric-bypass-journey.com/before-and-after-gastr ic-bypass.html Best of luck to you.

Most Active
Recent Topics