I never thought this would happen to me

therese50
on 4/27/15 11:50 pm - Lansing, MI

So I've avoided coming here, just because I feel so awful about my weight gain.  Vertical sleeve done in 2011, got to my goal weight of 136 lbs.  Had hip and bunion issues and stopped exercising due to pain.  Now I'm at 160 lbs and I cannot believe I'm here.  I am eating like I did before surgery and I need help.  I know a lot of people say they lost their appetite after they had this done, I am hungry all the time.  I know this is up to me, please don't shame me, but if you have some ideas of how to break this cycle and find my way back to myself, I'd appreciate it.

lynnc99
on 4/28/15 1:04 am

Welcome - you're in good company.

Regain has happened for many of us. I'd suggest you read thru some of the threads over the past month or two (in this forum the traffic is manageable!) and you will find many stories - and a number of solutions. The bottom line answer is this: get back to the basics. Follow the rules. You're right - you've failln into a negative cycle and it has to be broken.

The good news is you realize it at the point you have 25 lbs to lose - not 125. 

therese50
on 4/28/15 6:23 am - Lansing, MI

Thank you for responding.  It helps to know there is support and solutions.

JA
on 4/28/15 5:47 am - East Haven, CT

Theresa, you took the first step by coming here.  Go to a support group, use this site, do whatever you have to to get back on track.  It has happened to all of us at one time or another, and YOU CAN lose it again!!  Good luck!

JA

therese50
on 4/28/15 6:18 am - Lansing, MI

Thanks for responding.  The whole thing is so overwhelming yet I know if I keep hiding it will just continue.  I appreciate your reaching out.

Kristi K.
on 4/30/15 12:30 pm - Green Lane, PA

Theresa, I struggled with regain, hunger, etc. Gained 55 lbs back after my rny. Found an awesome program that helped me to finally get my food issues/cravings under control and I have lost 50 lbs! Perfect program for wls grads--very doable and it works! Mesage me for info---I'd love to share!

Kristi

Gramgal
on 5/4/15 12:14 pm

Lots of crap in my life and I have regained 60 lbs after my VS.  I am eating out of control. Always grazing and not making good choices.  I feel your pain. Can we stretch out our sleeve????

jastypes
on 5/7/15 1:57 pm - Croydon, PA

Most likely the problem is not a stretched out sleeve, but rather you are eating around your tool, i.e. grazing and making bad choices.  To get your head in the game, I suggest Overeaters Anonymous or a Weight Loss Surgery support group.  Those were my first steps back to re-losing a 45 pound weight gain. 

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

new.life88
on 7/6/15 12:26 pm - CA

May I ask what program you used?

Cbeaches46
on 7/20/15 7:28 am

Hi Kritsi, I saw your post about regain and I wanted to inquire about the new programs you mentioned in your post. Can you please share this with me. I had my surgery on 8/1/13. I have gained back 36 lbs since December and I need help. [email protected] is my email address. Thank you.

Christine

Most Active
Recent Topics