20 years old and 3 months out.

chunkymonkey1991
on 11/2/11 10:59 pm
 i've always loved obesityhelp.com as such a great resource. i got the sleeve on aug 4,2011 and have since lost 45 pounds (256 to 211). I just started a blog to document my journey and thoughts about my weight loss surgery. i hope you'll visit!

www.chunkymonkey6491.blogspot.com
Please visit my blog at chunkymonkey6491.blogspot.com  

Cindy22706
on 11/3/11 7:28 am - California, MD
VSG on 02/08/12
Your 20? I saw you post on the main VSG last night about your blog for newbies and I def read most of it... (I was tired ) Anyway I really want it but I posted not too long ago and everyone is telling me to get my head straight first... Im 22 and not sure. ugh. I dont know whether I have food addiction or what, but I just love eating and am always eating, which is why I am now 275 lbs. I dont really wanna sit here and wait to get my head straight.. If I could I wouldnt be having this problem...
chunkymonkey1991
on 11/3/11 10:45 am
 yup i'm 20. I had first heard of the lap band when I was 18 but decided against it so when I heard about the sleeve I had already researched WLS a bit. the sleeve was the perfect surgery for me because the bypass creeped me out because it included rearranging your organs and the lap band left something in me for my life and I've heard of a lot of bad things with that (erosion, slippage, etc). I loved the band because the whole time growing up, my appetite was always what sabotaged my diets. I was ALWAYS hungry and I would wish that i wasn't. this surgery has kind of fixed that. 

as far as making the decision, just make sure that you're 100% with whichever you decide- getting it or not. you don't want to end up being 300+ pounds in 5 years and kicking yourself for passing this up but you don't want to get it and then regret that. i don't regret my surgery at all. after the first month post-op I feel completely normal, besides the fact that i'm losing weight ;) i've found that i didn't share alot of my feelings about being overweight with people so if someone had tried to discourage or encourage me getting this surgery, then they really wouldn't know enough about me to do so. make sure this is your decision. i didn't tell alot of people i was getting the surgery beforehand -i'm only really starting to tell people now. good luck!

by the way, i just started a blog to document my journey with weight loss surgery. i hope you visit it! the link is www.chunkymonkey6491.blogspot.com
Please visit my blog at chunkymonkey6491.blogspot.com  

Most Active
Recent Topics
I regret getting so big
mirandamacie · 0 replies · 459 views
Any "surgery twins" ??
Vampy · 11 replies · 2197 views
Loose skin at 21
nataliaxrivera · 2 replies · 4102 views
Feeling lost
PenguinArmy · 1 replies · 6661 views