trouble with protein

Kim2011
on 11/25/11 8:42 am - NC
I just had my RNY surgery Nov. 21. I am having trouble getting in the required amounts of protein. I am supposed to be on the liquid phase for four weeks and I am only 4 days out and am having trouble! I do not like the taste of the protein powders. The only ones I like are the Isopure Blue rasberry and the Oh yeah ready to drink ones. I bought some unflavored powders to mix into things but it turns out gross and clumply. I would love any help and advice. Thanks!
apryldee
on 11/26/11 5:02 pm - houston, TX
hi i had surgey almost 3 years ago. early out i could barly drink. I say do your best to get what fluids and protein u can get in. if those are the only 2 protein drinks u like then stick with it. the only powder i liked was dessery protein from gnc. they had different flavoros that were preatty descent. being a broke college student i couldnt keeep wasting money on powders and ready to drink stuff i didnt like. so stick with what u like even though 4 weeks is a while to drink the same stuff over and over it will be worth it in the end.

SW 280/ SW 266/ PPW 175/ CW 185

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal picture

Tali S.
on 11/26/11 8:15 pm - Jerusalem, Israel
Kim2011
on 11/28/11 3:29 am - NC
Thanks! That makes me feel better. I like the Nectar roadside leomade. I mix it with a little suger free strawberry lemonade kool aid..yum. I go see my nut thursday so hopefully I will be able to add in soft foods then!
Most Active
Recent Topics
I regret getting so big
mirandamacie · 0 replies · 464 views
Any "surgery twins" ??
Vampy · 11 replies · 2207 views
Loose skin at 21
nataliaxrivera · 2 replies · 4110 views
Feeling lost
PenguinArmy · 1 replies · 6669 views