cuestion

marianacc
on 12/13/11 12:51 pm - Mexico
 Hi girls¡¡¡
I was wondering if any of you have used the nuvaring..... if you have
1. where can I buy it?
2. Do i need a prescription for it?
3. How much does it cost?

I've been looking for this info online n I havent' find anything useful.  I already talked to my Dr. about it but since i'm living out of the country right now I was wondering how does it works in america,

thanks1

deborah72
on 12/13/11 9:33 pm - Pell City, AL
Mariana

I could be wrong...but all you do here is make an appointment with a DR and get and exam then however you pay for it whether it be selfpay or with insurance.  I think you can get the ring at the office visit.  BUT to my understanding it is quite easy to obtain. Worst case they give you a prescription and you got get it filled at the pharmacy if they dont have them in house. 

I have the Mirenea...which you are nto suppose to have until you have had a kid and I had it placed the day of my visit in the office.  So I would think getting the ring would be that easy too! 

Good luck! 

Deborah

Reached Onederland 5/26/2010 199.2 lbs
Highest weight 280 9/2009 Surgery weight 250 2/2010

marianacc
on 12/14/11 7:08 am - Mexico
 Thanks debroah!
* Nicole *
on 12/13/11 11:05 pm
I used it for 5 years and still would have if it werent for some ugly hormone issues (not surgery or Nuvaring related).

It is a perscritption so doc has to give you an RX for it. Cost would depend I think without my RX coverage cost was like $50 with coverage I was only paying $15.

And would be available at any pharmacy, or usually Drs have some on hand that they can usually give you a few. I know Nuvaring used to offer like up to $20 off coupons 4 times a year from the website.

DS Aug 15th,2005 @ goal, living life and loving it.

"An Arabian will take care of its owner as no other horse will, for it has not only been raised to physical perfection, but has been instilled with a spirit of loyalty unparalleled by that of any other breed."

exohexoh
on 12/14/11 6:30 am - West Chester, PA
 i use it! i'm neutral on it.... i would still be on the pill if i wasn't having crazy periods with it, leading the gyno to believe i wasn't absorbing it right after surgery. it is irritating during sex so i do take it out, it bothered me and the only guy i've slept with since starting on it, so we decided it was better off coming out. you do need a prescription, when i started my gyno gave me 1 or 2 to make sure i liked it before i filled it. with my new insurance it's only $10 a ring which is pretty awesome, and there are coupons on their website that i keep forgetting to use, with the coupon i'll end up getting it for free for a few months because its for up to $15. i heard something about with the new healthcare reform stuff that all prescription birth control will be no cost to the patient, but i don't know how true that is or if it would ever actually get passed. if you have any questions about it let me know!

<3 jen <3

<3 starting weight: 252 <3 goal weight: 135 <3 current weight: 151 <3

RNY: 9/27/10 <3 Extended Tummy Tuck w/hip & thigh lipo: 6/6/13

marianacc
on 12/14/11 6:52 am - Mexico
ugh that doesnt sounds good at all!!  i'm thinking a better option would be the patch evra, have you tried it?.  a couple of my friends who were on the pill switch to the patch n they are very happy with it, but i don't know if i should trust on a patch! lol.

exohexoh
on 12/14/11 7:25 am - West Chester, PA
 its not too bad, and if you leave it in it forces them to actually partake in at least 5 seconds of foreplay lol, and you can have it out for up to 3 hours a day. the only actual issue i have with it is when i still have my period and put a new one in, it doesn't seem to want to stay in and i can feel it sliding out, but once the period stops it stays and i never even feel it. i check every few days just to make sure its still there lol.

i've never done the patch but one of my roommates in college had it and it was always like peeling off her and kinda gross looking. 

<3 jen <3

<3 starting weight: 252 <3 goal weight: 135 <3 current weight: 151 <3

RNY: 9/27/10 <3 Extended Tummy Tuck w/hip & thigh lipo: 6/6/13

sabrina H.
on 12/14/11 2:15 pm - NE
I tried the patch and it made me feel like I was pregnant...seriously!!!

The pill was fine but my favorite by far has been the IUD.  
marianacc
on 12/15/11 1:10 am - Mexico
 i've been ont the pill before and i did feel like i was pregnat!, then i switch brands and it was fine. glad you told m ethis because it seams that the patch has more hormones that the pill. so i'll try it fist. and the IUD. i can't have one since I'm not a mommy yet.
thanks.

Sensdncr86
on 12/14/11 9:44 pm - Tampa, FL
Hey girl I have been on it since I had surgery 4 years ago and I love it.
1. Arent you in mexico? You dont need prescription there.. I bought 6 when I was in Cozumel last year.  Just go to any pharmacia

2. You need a prescription in the states but not in mexico

3. Its about 30$ without insurance in Mexico $70 in the states.

It takes about 2-3 months to regulate so give in 3 months until your period is regulated and on time. I wear mine for 24 days  Remove for 4 days and then just put a new one in. Your periods wil be much lighter and only last 3-4 days. Mine does not fall out during sex but you can take them out for 2 hours at a time if you are worried about it
                     *~*Mandy*~*

"Surround yourself with people who believe in your dreams"
Most Active
Recent Topics
I regret getting so big
mirandamacie · 0 replies · 455 views
Any "surgery twins" ??
Vampy · 11 replies · 2190 views
Loose skin at 21
nataliaxrivera · 2 replies · 4098 views
Feeling lost
PenguinArmy · 1 replies · 6659 views