Exercise help...

NikkiMarieP
on 1/13/13 4:53 am, edited 1/13/13 4:54 am - Williamsburg, VA

So im almost 2 years post lap-band... down a huge amount of weight (YaY me!) but ill admit i havent worked out a day since surgery... i made the same mistake initially when i had a gastric bypass 9yrs ago... well now i admit i MUST do something... im no longer working in field that requires heavy lifting, so any muscle i had is gone... i know i will never be able to tone my stomach but i would like to feel like im in some sort of decent shape... Any suggestions on working out and easing myself into it? I am going to try to get my butt out of bed at 4am to do some pre-work exercise... but it needs to atleast be enjoyable!!! Im also considering joining the Air Force reserves and need to be in shape for that to pass the physical fitness test! HELPPP...!

exohexoh
on 1/13/13 6:36 am - West Chester, PA

are you planning on joining a gym? a lot of them offer a free session with a personal trainer when you sign up, just to give you some ideas. 

personally, i LOVE zumba. that's the only class. i hated running while i was doing it but liked the shape it gave my body, unfortunately my joints didn't agree with it, but i'm thinking of trying it again. i usually use the elliptical or some sort of cross trainer (depends what's open at the gym) or the stationary bike. i also do little things like taking the stairs when i can or walking more than necessary (getting of the subway a stop or two early, walking instead of taking the bus when i'm going under 2 miles or so, etc)

<3 jen <3

<3 starting weight: 252 <3 goal weight: 135 <3 current weight: 151 <3

RNY: 9/27/10 <3 Extended Tummy Tuck w/hip & thigh lipo: 6/6/13

Time_for_Monica
on 2/11/13 10:52 am - Levittown, NY

I agree with the PP, I Loooooove Zumba. It is sooo much fun. I know a lot of people say. . .Oh I can't do that becuase I can't dance. . ..or they say I'm not coordinated enough to do that. . . .YES you can people!!! Just go in there and try your best, no one says you have to be perfect at it. . .as long as your up and moving right?! If you don't like going to a gym then try doing outdoor activities like riding your bike or rollerblading (I know its hard to do that now in this weather. .I'm from NY and theres about 3 feet of snow outside. . lol I don't know where you're from) but exercise doesn't have to be going to a gym and feeling akward in front of other people, or standing on a treadmill staring at the wall. . .it can be whatever you want it to be. Maybe you have an X-box and you can get a Kinect for it, there are so many games that give you a great workout, same with the Wii. Just try it all out and find what you like to do the best, becuase honestly if you are not enjoying it, then you will NOT want to continue doing it. Good luck, I hope you find something you like, and congrats on your weight loss :0 )

Lilypie - (kDs2) Lilypie - (Ukoq)                            
  Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Most Active
Recent Topics
I regret getting so big
mirandamacie · 0 replies · 464 views
Any "surgery twins" ??
Vampy · 11 replies · 2205 views
Loose skin at 21
nataliaxrivera · 2 replies · 4110 views
Feeling lost
PenguinArmy · 1 replies · 6669 views