Brand spankin new here! lol

Mzkaybee
on 6/18/13 1:56 pm - SC

Hello everyone! I was trying to figure out where to introduce myself and I guess this will be it..... I am 25 years old, and am just starting (for the second time) my WLS journey.  I had started the process a few years ago, and my insurance at the time with my job required a 6 month medically supervised diet... long story short, 5 months into my supervised diet, my employer changed insurance providers, and the new provider didnt cover WLS!!!!! bummmerrrr right?! yeah soo... cut to 3 years later.. I moved to SC, got a VERY good job, and I've just found out that my insurance at this employer covers WLS! And from what it looks like, doesnt require the diet either !!!! (Anthem BCBS) So, my insurance doesn't start until 8/1/13 but I have just done a Webinar and am hoping I can get the ball rolling pretty quick once everything kicks in.  So I would just like to start by saying HELLO! And hopefully I get to know everyone here, as I've been a lurker for quite some time but just haven't signed up because I figured my hopes of having surgery would never come true, but i'm praying this all works out and I can start my journey soon! 

Dial_M.
on 6/21/13 6:28 pm - Los Angeles-ish, CA
Welcome to the 20's board!
What's your name hun?
Is there a certain surgery you are considering?
Sounds like you have a good plan to get it covered. Good luck on your journey to WLS.

~Michelle

"Everything I did in my life that was worthwhile I caught hell for." ~Earl Warren

Katiebear291
on 6/22/13 7:49 am - Canada
RNY on 12/10/13

Welcome!

I too am still waiting for surgery and so excited! 

I live in Ontario (Canada) and RNY is covered but it feels like the process to be approved for it is dragging even though it has only been a couple months.  Can't wait!!!

RNY  - December 10 2013 Dr Lindsay Toronto's Saint Joseph Hospital Toronto

Tracy13
on 6/23/13 9:04 am - WV

Hi!

I just had RNY gastric bypass on Thursday, I will be turning 25 this July! If you count from the time I went to my first orientation it took me over 4 years to finally have the surgery. I first started looking into it when I was in college but my insurance wouldn't cover it at all so it got put on the back burner. When I began my career that is one of the first things I did was look into it. I had to have the insurance for a year and do a year supervised diet. I jumped through a lot of hurtles to have my surgery but I am so glad I did! Good luck on your journey! 

HW- 405 (January 2011)

6/20/13 Surgery Day-374

Most Active
Recent Topics
I regret getting so big
mirandamacie · 0 replies · 471 views
Any "surgery twins" ??
Vampy · 11 replies · 2221 views
Loose skin at 21
nataliaxrivera · 2 replies · 4116 views
Feeling lost
PenguinArmy · 1 replies · 6672 views