Dr. Pro SURGERY ASAP!!!

LoveLee07
on 3/16/13 3:11 am - Hampton, GA
Hello everyone! I'm almost done with everything but I need a primary physician in the ATlanta, GA area who takes medicaid and is pro weightloss surgery. I've tried two different Dr.'s and neither of them did what they say they would! It's almost a year later and I still don't have the last thing which is a letter of medical necessity! I need this before all my program stuff needs to be done over i.e psych evaluation etc. please help!!!!! Even if he or she doesn't take Medicaid. Thx Lee
horrible_monster
on 3/27/13 11:57 pm
VSG on 02/27/13

I don't know if your local forum is very active, but it's probably worth xposting this to the Georgia forum for specific advice. 

I have a basement but don't dwell in it full time.

MayPenGirl
on 5/31/13 3:29 am - Atlanta, GA
VSG on 04/03/13

I love my PCP, Dr. Ewaul Persaud, at Premier South Medical Group.  I don't know of they accept Medicaid but you can give them a call.  The # is 404344-6000.  He wrote me an awesome Letter of Medical Necessity.  Well I typed it and he adjusted it as necessary.  I did my 6 month supervised weight loss program with him.  Even if you don't go with Dr. Persaud, below is my letter that you can tweak and add your weight loss attempts and co-morbidities.

To Whom It May Concern:

Ms. _____ has been a patient of mine for 6 years.  She is 5’6” and weighs _____ with a BMI of ____.  She has been excessively overweight for over 6 years and has attempted weight loss without successful long-term weight reduction.  Ms. ______ has participated in a physician supervised nutrition and exercise weight loss program with Dr. Kevin Edmonds from 2006 to 2007; a 3 day per week nutrition and exercise boot camp with Body by Tyson from 2010 to 2011; a 5 day per week nutrition and exercise boot camp with Casi’s Boot Camp from 2011 to 2012; and finally a 6 month physician supervised nutrition and exercise weight loss program with myself from July 2012 to the present.  She has lost weight with most of the aforementioned attempts, however, she cannot sustain the weight loss and has gained the weight back and even additional weight.  I am referring her now for bariatric surgery as all non-surgical options have been unsuccessful.

In addition to morbid obesity, Ms. ______ is suffering from the following co-morbid conditions: obstructive sleep apnea, hypercholesterolemia, prehypertension, tachycardia, back pain, urinary incontinence, occasional anxiety, fatigue, shortness of breath with minimal exertion, frequent headaches and plantar fasciitis. 

I feel that Ms. _____ would benefit greatly from bariatric surgery as a tool to help lose the excess weight, lessen the co-morbidities and regain a more healthy life.

Ms. _____ current medical problems are optimally controlled and she is cleared for surgery.

Sincerely,

Dr. ____________

Surgery date - 04/03/13; Goal date - 11/10/13 (I reached goal in 31 weeks & 4 days)

Highest weight 261  SW 258  GW 150   M1 -26  M2 -14  M3 -10  M4 -12  M5 -13  M6 -12  M7 -11  M8 -10  In maintenance since November 2013  HT- 5'6"  

LoveLee07
on 5/31/13 3:44 am - Hampton, GA

Hey thank you so much for your help! I finally found one who wrote my letter for me which is very similar to the one you posted above. I have been submitted to my insurance as of today :) 

MayPenGirl
on 5/31/13 3:55 am - Atlanta, GA
VSG on 04/03/13
Awesome!! Hopefully you will hear back from them soon. The waiting is sometimes the hardest part.

Surgery date - 04/03/13; Goal date - 11/10/13 (I reached goal in 31 weeks & 4 days)

Highest weight 261  SW 258  GW 150   M1 -26  M2 -14  M3 -10  M4 -12  M5 -13  M6 -12  M7 -11  M8 -10  In maintenance since November 2013  HT- 5'6"  

Most Active
Recent Topics