New WLS Documentary with 40+ folks

msdintx
on 1/6/09 4:21 am - Pflugerville, TX
Hi all - I had lap band surgery in Nov of 2006 and I've been involved with a new documentary that gives the up's and down's of WLS.  The producer of the documentary has just released a quick 6 minute trailer highlighting some of the issues that will be covered in the documentary.   I wanted to let you know that the trailer is now available for viewing and hope you have a few minutes to take a peek at it.

As we all know, WLS is not necessarily a piece of cake (sorry the pun), but involves work, changes in our lives and changes in how people perceive us AFTER the surgery.  What this documentary will do is show folks that WLS is not necessarily a quick fix or is as easy as those who have not had the surgery may believe. 

The documentary follows a group of us who have been friends for years, have been fat for years and are now, one by one, having surgery to improve our health and lives.  Please take a minute to look at the 6 minute trailer and feel free to leave a comment if you feel compelled.  The project is still underway, but I'll notify you when it's done. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIihQUIr5CA 

http://allofmethemovie.com/

Thanks for the look!

Dawn
msdintx
ladyjake
on 2/12/09 10:08 am - Lacey, WA
Thank you for sharing this with the forum. I am interested in knowing when it will be completed.
msdintx
on 2/12/09 10:18 am - Pflugerville, TX
Hi there - Actually, we're in production this coming week and it may be later than sooner that it will be done.  However, if you go to the movie's website www.allofmethemovie.com and enter your e-mail address, you'll be notified when it's completed.  I hope you related to our experiences -- there's much more to tell -- as I'm sure you're aware!  Thanks for taking a peek at it -- please feel free to leave a review on either website!  Thanks much!!

Dawn
TransitionWoman
on 10/26/09 4:50 am - Fircrest, WA
This excerpt was wonderful.  Please notify me when this project is complete.  Thank you.
msdintx
on 10/26/09 5:02 am - Pflugerville, TX
Hi there - the documentary is still in progress -- as a matter of fact, she'll be in Austin to shoot in a few weeks.  Her plans are to do one more shoot after that and then will be getting it out for the film festivals.  I do think there will be a new trailer put on the website for the film (www.allofmethemovie.com) within the next month or so.  I'll keep you posted on the progress and am glad you enjoyed it!  Thanks for taking a look.

Dawn
TransitionWoman
on 10/26/09 5:35 am - Fircrest, WA
I appreciate you getting back to me so quick.  I look forward to seeing more of the movie.  Tori
ejjy
on 10/27/09 2:27 am - Watertown, MA
god dammit no fair making me cry at 12:30 in the afternoon!

looks like a reasonably sensitive, intelligent and balanced film so far, look forward to the finished product!

RNY 6/16/09 - Last weighed 10/27/2011 weighed 151 lost 52 pounds  66% toward personal goal  of 125, six pounds from unofficial unpretentious goal of 145lbs......basically very happy.   boo-rah, RNY!

msdintx
on 10/27/09 4:29 am - Pflugerville, TX
I wish I could say I'm sorry the film made you cry, but I'm also glad it's affected you like it did.  We're striving to produce a film that will move folks and also inform people about what really happens once folks have weight loss surgery.  Some of us have been less successful than others, some of us have been more successful than others and some of us have been successful, but still feel it's not "good enough".  I think most of us who have had weight issues for a very long time have the biggest mental challenge....the body may change, but, unless you work at it, the mind may not change....

It's all a process -- we showed the film at a recent NYC Independent film festival to distributors and funders and the response was extremely favorable.  We're excited about finishing up the project and getting it out to the airwaves!  I'll keep you posted on when the project is finished and when you can expect to see it. You can also keep track of it by signing up on the film's website (www.allofmethemovie.com) for updates and more info. Thanks again for viewing the clip and leaving your thoughts!

Dawn
ejjy
on 10/27/09 4:57 am - Watertown, MA
no i think crying is good as i'm not interested in films that treat this (highly charged) emotional issue in any way that i can't identify with.  i hope it will arouse an empathic response in viewers without a history of obesity as well.  frankly i think that's one of the only ways you can bridge the understanding gap. 

RNY 6/16/09 - Last weighed 10/27/2011 weighed 151 lost 52 pounds  66% toward personal goal  of 125, six pounds from unofficial unpretentious goal of 145lbs......basically very happy.   boo-rah, RNY!

Most Active
Recent Topics
how much weight did you lose?
Jetta311 · 1 replies · 282 views
Hello New Here
14u2c · 0 replies · 542 views
Hello New Here
14u2c · 0 replies · 530 views
Back to Bariatric Basics
Allison L. · 0 replies · 3593 views