New Looser

Marcia C.
on 3/5/09 9:56 am - Holden, MA

Hi everyone! I am new to the looser's bench! I am so excited at 45 to be starting life over. It is a lot of work and sometimes it is hard to keep track of the big picture..... the end result. But I have been ispired by the before and after pictures on the home page! I look forward to the day when my picture can be there too!

I just had my bypass surgery on Feb. 11th. Recovery has been challenging... all liquids for three weeks is really a challenge. But! as of Wednesday the 4th I have been upgraded to soft foods... yogurt, cottage cheese, soup, applesauce, cheese and more! I never knew I would be so excited.  I am not having trouble eating the servings over 20-30 minutes. So far I have been able to finish each thing I have tried. The refried beans were a little heavy... I may wait another week before I have them again.... I was looking for fiber - if you know what I mean! I just want to make sure the plumbing keeps moving!

I am looking forward to being able to sit in the chairs at my youngest daughter's high school graduation! The first graduation of my oldest daughter I was so uncomfortable and my hips were bruised by the time it was over! For my son I had lost some weight so that I was able to squeeze in and was a little more comfortable but this year!!!! I feel excited to see some of the parents who have not seen me for a long time!

The councelor was worried about my body image and how do I feel about people commenting on how good I look. For me..... bring it on! I am so excited for the changes... no matter what!

My oldest daughter could be a candidate as well but her husband said no way! I am worried for her long term health. I also can't help but feel guilty. My son and  youngest daughter are also struggling with weight buy my oldest is in the most serious condition. I am also worried because she just got married in 2007... what if they want to have children or it happens "not on purpose". She is only 5'2" and weighs at least as much as me. ........ That is so hard for me.....

Does anyone else have a daughter or son who is struggling with weight as well. Have you talked to them? Do they respond well?

I have some friends who support me completely but my very closest friend is against the surgery but loves me enough to still be my friend. We agree to disagree. She is also supportive but I also know that sometimes I can't talk too much about it. I can usually tell when I have because she becomes silent. That is my que to change the subject.

Has anyone run into friends from High School? Have you shared your WLS info with someone in your past... like a high school reunion.

Thanks for your time!

SherylR
on 3/6/09 1:54 pm - Richlands, NC
Marcia,

I hear ya girl!  Congrats on your WLS, I'm new to this forum also, I usually go to the NC Board but thought I'd check out the 40's...  Anyway, my WLS was 8/22/2002 and I'm still as excited as I ever was about my weight loss.  I have guided lots of friends through the process and it's cool seeing them blossom.  I haven't seen a whole lot of friends from the past but my family wasn't around when I lost my weight and when I saw them afterwards they were just amazed.  My family came to pick me up at the airport and didn't know who I was - I walked right past them a couple times...  it was funny!  The only part I didn't like was that they kept staring at me like I was an alien or something... lol!  They'd seen pictures but that is totally different.  Now I'm going to San Diego in May to sing at a wedding and visit friends who I haven't seen in years, so that will be cool.  My 30 year high school reunion is in 2011 and I"m excited to see all those friends also.  I have been in contact with some of them through "facebook", real cool! 

Anyway, be patient with your Daughter, remember what you went through before you decided to have WLS, she has to make her own decision also.  And her hubby will probably take some coaxing also, she'll need him to be on her side. 

Ok, back to work for me...  I hope you have a great weekend, pm me if I can help!  Good luck with your WLS and welcome to the looser's bench!!!!!

Sheryl
Sheryl
08/22/2002 (WLS date)
425/177/238/160 (high/low/current/goal)

"Don't count the moments but make the moments count!!"
Most Active
Recent Topics
how much weight did you lose?
Jetta311 · 1 replies · 282 views
Hello New Here
14u2c · 0 replies · 542 views
Hello New Here