New Here

n2deep
on 4/8/09 12:52 am - XX
hey guys I am a 44 year old woman who should have a surgery date by june.  Nice to know that we are committed to health and wellness.  I had a daughter at 40 and it has become my mission to see her to independent adulthood as a healty and whole person.  Looking forward to the jouney and would be interested to know some of your stories. 

See ya around teh camp

Be the CHANGE in the world...that you want to see 

Mahatma Ghandi

anastacha63
on 4/12/09 8:37 am - Salina, KS

Good for you with your decison. I had my WLS when I was 40. My boys were 4 and 6 and I wanted to get healthy so I can see them grow up. I also was just tired of aching and creaking. I knew that even though I was lucky enough not to have any comorbidities at 400+ that the older I got and the heavier I got I was bound to have more then a few aches and pains.

Good Luck to you, keep us posted on your journey.

Carmen    HW 405/ SW 359 / CW 187 / GW 115 

octoberbabee
on 4/12/09 9:59 am - MD
Hi!  I am new here as well.  I am a 45 year old woman with 2 teenagers that I want to live to see married and on their own. I won't have my surgery date until August.  For now, I am attending my monthly diet/nutrition classes to satisfy insurance requirements.  My doctor wants me to lose 10-20 lbs before then.  I have been trying my best but only lost 2 lbs in one month!  I also have an underactive thyroid, which is making it difficult for me to lose.  So, I will keep on trying.  I am glad to see that there are so many 40+ who are opting to have WLS.  I look forward to keeping up to date with everyone!
n2deep
on 4/14/09 12:36 am - XX

THEY SAY THAT 40 IS THE NEW 30....SO LETS ENJOY THE PROCESS!!

Be the CHANGE in the world...that you want to see 

Mahatma Ghandi

Kathy B.
on 4/27/09 5:24 am - Virginia, MN
Hi everyone, 

Just joined this site a few days ago.  I too am waiting for a surgery date.  Still have monthly nutrition appointments until Aug. then paperwork for insurance.  I am planning to have gastric bypass.  I am attending local wls meetings, brought my husband along for the last group meeting,  He fell asleep partway through the meeting. 
I am 46, will be 47 next month.  I have diabetes, sleep apnea and low thyroid, along with high blood pressure and high cholesterol.  Hoping to resolve a few things on the list with the weight loss tool.  I am married, no children, although my dogs behave like kids at times, perpetual toddlers, toys taken out and not put away.
OH Support Group Leader
Come visit us at the bariatric buddy group http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/bariatricbuddy/welcome

louloubelle
on 11/24/09 12:38 am
VBG on 01/09/10 with
Hi my name is Linda and I have my surgery date of Jan 9th. I am having the sleeve done. I am new to this site, but have found it very helpful. Good luck everyone!
Most Active
Recent Topics
how much weight did you lose?
Jetta311 · 1 replies · 281 views
Hello New Here
14u2c · 0 replies · 541 views
Hello New Here
14u2c · 0 replies · 529 views
Back to Bariatric Basics
Allison L. · 0 replies · 3592 views