WOMEN ONLY

(deactivated member)
on 8/15/09 11:04 pm - VA
I am 50 yrs of age and going through perimenapause, and am experiencing vaginal dryness making sexual relations very difficult.     My B/F is home only on weekends so Sat is fine but Sun sex is painful because of Sat sex.

I had a Pap last month and my whoo ha is fine , its is just there is no lube and the Ky doesn`t seem to fix the problem .

We use Ky but still I have a sore whoo ha, I read on line about REPLENS?         has anyone had any success or what works for you?

shirley_baby
on 8/21/09 6:36 am - Canada
Hi Jilly,

I have a friend with the same problem and the doctor had told her it's becase she could not tak hormone pills because she had cacer years ago. So the doctor had prescribed her a pill that took care of it. Maybe you should talk to your doctor about it. Hope this helps you.

Shirley

My angel is Mireille R                                                    
ejjy
on 10/9/09 11:47 pm - Watertown, MA
i've heard testosterone cream can help with this.  women do need it, just in smaller amounts than men.  i don't know much about replens.  i am also perimenopausal and this is becoming an issue, but not yet a big enough one to pursue a fix... but enough that i'm semi-aware of some of the options.

the dryness is caused by a drop in either estrogen or progesterone, i forget which.  maybe you want to get your hormone levels tested and consider hrt, unless you don't want to go that route or feel it's too early.

RNY 6/16/09 - Last weighed 10/27/2011 weighed 151 lost 52 pounds  66% toward personal goal  of 125, six pounds from unofficial unpretentious goal of 145lbs......basically very happy.   boo-rah, RNY!

Brenda B.
on 3/5/10 4:01 am - Gaspé, Canada
I am 45 and surgical menopaused since 40. I have the same issue and I have tried replens. It does lubricate much better than ordinary lubrication. It is like a pill form that you insert vaginal prior to sex. However it does take the spontaneity out of the sexual act. You need to insert it about an hour prior. It says on the label that it helps vaginal dryness for up to three days. It doesn't . You would be able to use one dose for the two days but on sunday I would add a bit of the regular lubrifier. The KY pearls are not recommended. They lubrication jelly gushes out and stains. My gyno gives me an estrogen pill which you insert in the vaginal twice a week. It really helped and I cannot take an hormones due to a heart condition. Inserting it in the vagina minimizes the absorption level in the bloodstream (only one twelve of it is absorbed). I found that this method was the most effective.

Brenda B, HW 328 PreSW 298 CW 156 Goal 165 
AT GOAL..................NORMAL BMI! DOING THE HAPPY DANCE

Most Active
Recent Topics
how much weight did you lose?
Jetta311 · 1 replies · 282 views
Hello New Here
14u2c · 0 replies · 542 views
Hello New Here
14u2c · 0 replies · 530 views
Back to Bariatric Basics
Allison L. · 0 replies · 3593 views