Losing Weight & Your Face

moondancer2000
on 1/28/10 9:21 pm - Ft Rucker, AL
I thought I would start out in this forum. 

I am 48 almost 49, had wls surgery last Nov and have lost aobut 50 lbs. So, my face has lost lots of fat, I see the wrinkles, the folds around my nose and mouth and lets not talk about the texture of my skin!!

I would like to know if this will improve or will drastic measures be in my future?

I will live each day in the mindful present

HW 208/SW 197/CW 115/1st GW 130/2nd GW 120
/3rd goal 115/New GW ??/HT 5'2" NO MORE WEIGHT GOALS

StillTammy
on 2/6/10 12:47 pm - Langley, WA
Even though I see the wrinkles more, I look 10 years younger than I did at my highest weight (well, when I'm at my lowest anyway).  I've promised myself a facelift for my 50th birthday :-)
   Tammy Lee 

Melinda L.
on 2/12/10 1:52 pm - San Antonio, TX
I'm down a little over 100#s in a year.  I had always been mistaken for 10-15 years younger than I am.  I still get told I don't look my age (just turned 40 last summer), but it's not as dramatic a difference.

Luckily my skin is still fairly tight (thanks Mom for the genes!).  My wrinkles way more evident now - which makes sense since there isn't as much fat behind them to plum them out.  My main issues is that I now have dark circles under my eyes and they are always puffy.  Everyone at work always says how tired I look and ask if I am sick.  (I am niether..)

I have been using some Olay stuff that is 2 parts.  One goes under the eye and the other on the lid.  It has helped a tiny bit on the wrinkles.  For the puffiness I bought one of those roller stick things.  It works about 20% of the time  lol  (sorry for the lack of correct names - I'm not real girly and not a regular user of makeup or 'products'... this is the first time I've ever had to put stuff on my face :(  )
RNY - 12/10/2008    Dr. Terive Duperier of BMI of Texas
Lower Body Lift / Breast Lift - 07/20/2011  
Dr Peter Fisher of San Antonio Plastic Surgery Center

Michelle E.
on 9/4/10 6:32 am
Try a good concealer for around the eyes. I use Cover Girl its in a stick form. No more tired eyes
MSW will not settle
on 2/17/10 7:30 am
I think my first post on this board was similar. 

I'm not wrinkled but I have a general sagginess in the center of my face.  I have "brackets" around my nose and mouth now.  My face has gone from a full oval to long and thin.  Then there is the turkey neck, lol. 

Wl has aged me at least ten years in six months.  I hate that.  However, I'm at my teen weight and twenty or so pounds from my ideal weight.  What a trade off. 

Sooooo, I style my hair differently to minimize the 'old shrew' look.   And, I'm searching to find that right skin tightening formula in cosmetic items. 

A plastic surgeon gave me a quick evaluation at one of the OH conferences this fall.  He insists the skin will tighten within a year to eighteen months after I hit my botton weight.  He would not reccomend I do anything before giving the skin that amount of time to adjust.  I sure hope he is right. 

MSW   Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass: Eat sensibly & enjoy moderation  

Links:  Are you a compulsive eater?  for help OA meets on-line Keep Coming Back, One Day At a Time  Overeaters Anonymous 

LV'N MY RNY.  WORKING FOR ME BECAUSE I WORK FOR IT. 

Ms_Swoosh
on 2/26/10 1:22 am - Indian Trail, NC
I am with you... I sooo hope the skin does tighten some.... I so dislike seeing the lines, it gets me a bit discouraged sometimes I mean...thin is great...but now I have to look lots older?  I am really hoping it does tighten and if not... I have started the "skin" fund....  very small atm but will be building :)  And had planned on waiting till hit goal weight before surgery so we will see if still and issue and still matters to me at that point.
I am a work in progress...perhaps never completed or perfected; but forever working to change for the better...
~Swoosh
   August 2012   New Dr.... New Start... Dr. David Voellinger        

Chad65
on 3/7/10 12:23 pm - San Angelo, TX
must be a women thing, I just look 10 years younger, sorry can't help
Sig.jpg picture by Haku2you    
kevgar
on 5/10/10 11:44 pm - Concord, CA
 I am 18 months out and was very concerned how hollow I looked. I also have the turkey neck. my weight has been stable for 9 months  and I have either noticed my face "filling in" or gotten use to the look. (Who is that guy in the mirror syndrome?) friends and family do comment that for a while I was looking hollow and that now I look better. of course I have noticed the same thing regarding loose skin all around. it is part of the process.

that being said, the thing that drives me nuts is the turkey neck. I really focus on that. I am giving it a full 2 years before I start entertaining plastic surgery. I am somewhat conflicted because for the amount of money they want to fix it I could do so many other things, maybe even pay the mortgage a couple of times. Seriously, it seems so vain for myself, and yet I know I have worked really hard to get to where I am and the process is incomplete to say the least.

I still have time, and if the money was sitting in the bank I would probably get over the vanity thing fairly quick. :)
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wNXaGtR/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wNXaGtR/weight.png">>
MissStaci
on 10/28/11 9:27 am - Pompano Beach, FL
Congrats on your loss!

I too suffer from turkey neck (though I call it my gobbler). I have the deepening creases around my mouth/nose too, but the neck is what realllly gets me.

I figure as hard as we've worked we're entitled to a little vanity ;0)

"Life is not easy for everyone. But life can be beautiful even when it is not so easy."
 Olga Bowman, "Four Seasons Lodge"

pedirn06
on 5/28/12 12:06 pm, edited 5/28/12 12:06 pm
VSG on 01/26/12
 I try to use the hydration station at least 3X wk where i tan. It really seems to help
pedirn06

Most Active
Recent Topics
how much weight did you lose?
Jetta311 · 1 replies · 279 views
Hello New Here
14u2c · 0 replies · 540 views
Hello New Here
14u2c · 0 replies · 527 views
Back to Bariatric Basics
Allison L. · 0 replies · 3588 views