A fortyish lifestyle question

MSW will not settle
on 2/20/10 2:18 am
Hey Fabulous Forties Folks!  How has wls as a Fab Forty changed your lifestyle

At out age things are often pretty settled.  Career path is set.  Families complete.  We may be settled in relationships; or already divorced once or even twice; or content on our own.  Kids are older or grown so pysically keeping up with them is not an issue while kids working our last nerve is. 

We're not like the twentyish looking for that speial someone for the first time and starting out on careers. Nor are we like the thirtyish struggling with younger kids or even infertility as the biological clock slows.  Its too soon to dwell on the treasures and problems (hopefully) of the golden years. 

Now the weight is comming off and you feel good, you look good, and you are healtier.  What changes for you next. 

MSW   Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass: Eat sensibly & enjoy moderation  

Links:  Are you a compulsive eater?  for help OA meets on-line Keep Coming Back, One Day At a Time  Overeaters Anonymous 

LV'N MY RNY.  WORKING FOR ME BECAUSE I WORK FOR IT. 

moondancer2000
on 2/21/10 10:44 pm - Ft Rucker, AL
I don't know that my changes come for being 40's almost 50.  It does have lots to due to WLS.  But I am trying to live life to the fullest and the best I can.  Some limitations are age related, but I can still do more now that I have been able to in a long time.

I will live each day in the mindful present

HW 208/SW 197/CW 115/1st GW 130/2nd GW 120
/3rd goal 115/New GW ??/HT 5'2" NO MORE WEIGHT GOALS

MSW will not settle
on 2/27/10 2:14 am
I'm glad you're out and living better.  Throw away the age limitations.  No such thing as long as you're stll living. 

Its a tough question.  I read so much about going out in public or keeping up with little kids.  Those were never my issues and kids are adults now but its too soon for grand kids.  I've been as active a fat adult as I was as a chubby teen.  Even mphysically ore active than thin friends and co workers.

MSW will not settle
on 2/27/10 2:09 am
I can't even answer my own question.  Love, career, an active life, were never impeded by obecesity.  I've always done what I wanted to do and done well.  So this brings me to the what's next after wls question. 

Superficial, but I've always dressed stylishly classic.  Now places like Anne Taylor and Ralph Lauren are right in my size range and I am loving the clearance racks.  Stillettos are much more comfortable now too, lol. 

With no minors around I can do what I want, go where I want and enjoy adult outings with the former kids in my life.  I don't look like someones old matron of  a mom.  I get attention from the young guys now.  Too bad I like older men which at forty eight is the AARP set, lol.  I'm no cougar but the thirtyish fellas find me attractive and that's so flattering. 

So I'm still looking for what lifestyle change major wl has afforded me.  I'd like something more than designer clothes or screwing men young enough to date my daughter if I wanted to.    Perhaps I'll get slender enough to becme a trophy wife for some guy with one foot in the grave.  They seem to like women skinny.  Not exactly a life time achievement but think of all the designer clothes I could buy, lol. 
(deactivated member)
on 3/6/10 11:29 pm - AZ
I have been mending a relationship with my crazy sister for the past couple of months, she's 6 years older than me.

I realized something, I have a BMI of 20, she has a BMI of 30. I'll be getting plastics soon and I'll have a rock'en body. I can't help but to be shocked at what my sis looks like and I'm not referring to weight, but wrinkles. The difference in the two of is us astonishing, not sure where all her wrinkles came from.

I'm healthy, she's not. I am all about eating clean, she's all about chips and dip. I'm all about avoiding unnecessary drugs, she's on every Rx under the sun. I feel great, she has every ache and pain you can think of. I can hardly believe we come from the same family.

I think it's all about my WLS. Maybe if I hadn't taken control of my weight in a few very short years I'd be just like her?
MSW will not settle
on 3/8/10 8:14 am
Mending relationships comes up a lot at this stage of life.  So does ditching unecessary baggage, lol. 

Rough about your sister but wonderul that you have remained health concious and committed.   Not all chronic issues are easily treated even with major lifestyle changes.  Don't I know it first hand, being the walking chemical depository that I am. 

Still, I'm no more wrinkled than my healthy sisters.  We all look pretty good.  None of us smoke or drink but socially.  Life style makes such a difference. 

The youngest is often mistaken for the oldest.  I think its just cause she is just a miserable person, lol. 
(deactivated member)
on 3/8/10 8:25 am - AZ
On March 8, 2010 at 4:14 PM Pacific Time, OA KCB wrote:
Mending relationships comes up a lot at this stage of life.  So does ditching unecessary baggage, lol. 

Rough about your sister but wonderul that you have remained health concious and committed.   Not all chronic issues are easily treated even with major lifestyle changes.  Don't I know it first hand, being the walking chemical depository that I am. 

Still, I'm no more wrinkled than my healthy sisters.  We all look pretty good.  None of us smoke or drink but socially.  Life style makes such a difference. 

The youngest is often mistaken for the oldest.  I think its just cause she is just a miserable person, lol. 

My sister has... issues.  She married a guy about 7 years ago because she needed insurance and he didn't want to live alone.  Today she called me in tears because they don't love one another and he doesn't respect her.  Well they didn't exactly get married for love and respect, you know?  She doesn't understand why she's not in wedded bliss.

I reminded her why she got married and her husband is just as much of a creepy jerk as he was before they married.  I can't stand him, he's one of those guys who is NEVER wrong, he NEVER makes a mistake, he NEVER does anything wrong.

One kinda funny thing, his daughter has a car that has been sitting in their driveway for 2.5 years.  Now, they live in a beautiful home in a nice area and there is this crappy car that my sis hates.  The more she pushed to have him get rid of it the more he refused.  So I told her there are usually laws about these things.  As a favor to her I called the city she lives in, pretended to be an annoyed neighbor, and they sent an inspector out.  He has 21 days to move the car or they will move it for him at a high price and a fine.  Heh... I can't stand that man, it was a joy to do.

He has a real complaint from a neighbor for not shoveling the side walk, same thing happened, he was given a certain number of days to get it done.  Turns out, three strikes and it becomes a criminal offense and a huge fine.  I'm trying to think of anything I can call and complain about for a 3rd time.  heh.....

I don't feel bad about the car though, my sis is not steady on her feet and she had to walk around this car in the middle of winter, on a driveway at a slant with ice.  She kept falling because of this car.

Anyway, she called me today with her latest list of meds... the drugs cause more problems and she needs more meds for the drugs causing problems.  It's insanity.

MSW will not settle
on 3/15/10 6:34 am
BIL is a real piece of work!  Sis needs to remember all you get from a marriage of convenienve is convenience if even that. 
Bre K
on 4/2/10 2:43 pm - Stamford, CT
For me being in my fabulous 40's, is like being fiercely fit  to live again!  I married a wonderful man 4 years to date and 4 years my junior. He is so hot and sexy and pleases me in each and every way that there is no need  to go out looking for anyone at this stage of the game so that is not an issue for me.  My kids are grown but I am a new grandma and I must admit that feels wonderful too. (shes my heart)

Honey, I am out living life to the fullest. I am in the Entertainment field and love performing and being around people.  My husband and I plan to travel more in these later years and experience other cultures and places. It feels so good to be at a normal size now and shop for smaller, sexier, sassy clothes.  Nobody believes I'm in my 40's or let alone a 'grandma' and I lovvvvvvvvvvve that!

Now when I happen to see people from my past that remember when...their mouths drop.  I think the best satisfaction is when I see my x-husband who put me through pure hell and thought I would never have anything or be with anybody, to see his mouth drop and him try to flirt and get back what he lost, tickles me pink inside.  One man's loss is another man's TREASURE...Dang aint life a bi---! lol
BRE visit http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/changedforGodforlife/membersCheck out Fairfileld County Bariatrics WTNH, www.wtnh.com/dpp/ct_style/health_fitness/fairfield-county-bariatrics 

MSW will not settle
on 4/11/10 3:28 am
That is making your forties fabulous!  You've got to tell me where the good men are in Fairfield County.  I'm in Norwalk now but Stamford was once my town. 
Most Active
Recent Topics
how much weight did you lose?
Jetta311 · 1 replies · 279 views
Hello New Here
14u2c · 0 replies · 540 views
Hello New Here
14u2c · 0 replies · 527 views
Back to Bariatric Basics
Allison L. · 0 replies · 3588 views