Girlie issue and feeling full questions....

just4Dee
on 2/25/15 2:56 am

I will probably be all over the page (sorry) Hope, you can keep with me and add some friendly advice.

I am just about 2 weeks post op. I had bypass and since my surgery I can't tell when I'm hungry or when I'm full.

I know that sounds like there are issues, but I am really not having any. I just feel lost on how my body is supposed to feel. On top of that since my surgery I have had CRAMPS galore... And mother nature decided to kick in last night and I haven't had a T.O.M. like this in a long time. I think that this is part of my issues. With my cramps being so bad, I have a belly ache and my back hurts all the time. Tylenol isn't touching that pain at all. And I am craving foods that a woman normally craves when mother nature visits.... Scared and GRRR at the same time.

But I am having a hard time getting my water in and my meals, I eat because I feel like I need to and there are times I feel like I could eat double the amount easily. Any of you feel like that?  When I go one pureed food or soft foods will it be easier to tell when my system has had enough?

I can tell when I drink too much at once, I get the air bubble/gas pressure feeling inbetween my shoulder blades.

I guess I just feel lost and was wondering if anyone had some tips :)

DanaDenise
on 7/7/15 7:18 am

I think you will know the difference once you start eating foods.  I never really got a full feeling on liquids either, but I could totally tell when I started eating.  Good luck!

thegarv
on 4/18/17 6:26 pm

I haven't had my surgery yet, but a good friend did 3 years ago. She said her hormones went crazy (I didn't know this, but as you lose fat, where hormones are stored, they start flowing into your system at a fairly quick rate..this was confirmed by my consult dr), and her periods were crazy and heavy for the first year or so. I'm not looking forward to that as I have always had really severe cramps. Heating pads for cramps and belly ache? Suck on ice cubes for water (they make me relaxed, for some reason)? I'm new here, but just brainstorming.

Most Active
Recent Topics
how much weight did you lose?
Jetta311 · 1 replies · 271 views
Hello New Here
14u2c · 0 replies · 531 views
Hello New Here
14u2c · 0 replies · 519 views
Back to Bariatric Basics
Allison L. · 0 replies · 3580 views