Hello everyone!!

sweetpea
on 9/5/05 8:37 am - Kingsley, IA
Hi I am 41 (almost) 42 I had my WLS on the 15th of August and I am feeling good..a sore moment every once in a while but other then that ok ...I need to get in more water/liguids but I am working on it,lol the eating is going great too,I dont get hungry so I got to make myself remember to eat but getting better on that too after all the whole idea was to get healthy and I am sure going to do my part the best I can well anyway there is a small book to read Hope everyone had a good and safe Holiday weekend Take Care... Lori 287/249/140
Joni Denney
on 9/5/05 10:40 am - Mission, TX
Hi Lori, Thanks for sharing. It is important to remember this is a lifestyle change and to create healthy habits for yourself. I bought a $5 timer to help me remember to drink water. Congratulations on your surgery and weight loss joni RNY.06/27/2005 261/222/151
sweetpea
on 9/5/05 10:16 pm - Kingsley, IA
Hi Joni.. back at ya for your weight loss..it looks like your doing amazing!!!Yeah I have been working on it all year ,getting ready for my surgery that is ,lol..I was up to 4 miles a day before surgery ,slowly working it back up now,can do 2 now..the timer is a good idea..I will have to think on that 1 Well Take Care,I will type at ya later.. Lori
cridercrunch
on 9/9/05 1:17 pm - KY
Hi Lori I am 44 years old. I had my WLS on July 29, 2005. I am feeling well also. My greatest struggle is to get all the water and protein in during the day. I have the same problem I don't get any hunger signals. I especially have trouble as soon as I arise in the morning. It takes two hours before I can drink any protein. I can drink a Crystal Light Sunrise with no problem though. I am just developing my walking.. Iam not sure how far I can walk now.. I am just happy to be walking instead of in a wheelchair. Kathy 351/289
sweetpea
on 9/9/05 11:19 pm - Kingsley, IA
HI Kathy... I am a coffee drinker(decaf now) I drink my 2 cups every morning..and it goes down well..then I am ready for breakfast... yeah for you on the walking parts I started walking at the first of the year..I love it,it is my time..sometimes I might take someone else but...I enjoy my walks and by myself I can go as fast or slow (depending on the day) lol I have my faithful hound charlie that walks every step with me too!! You are doing awesome on your weightloss it sounds like wtg....Well enough for now good luck to ya..keep in touch, Lori 287/243/140
lrosenda
on 9/13/05 10:25 am - Magna, UT
Kathy, If you can drink Crystal Light Sunrise, have you thought about putting flavor free protein powder in it? GNC has some and there are other types available at bariatriceating.com. Lori 384/307/170
cridercrunch
on 9/14/05 3:47 am - KY
Hi, Lori, I have never thought about putting flavor free protein powder in my Crystal Light drink. What a wonderful idea and suggestion. Thank you so much for sharing that with me. I am still so new to the protein drink game that I am looking for whatever suggestions I can find to help me achieve my protein quota but still have something that tastes good. Do you have any other suggestions? WOW I just looked at your weight loss. Congratulations That gives me hope that I might achieve my goal since I started off over 300 pounds as well. How long has it been since your weight loss surgery? Hope you are having a great week. A hug from me to you Kathy
lrosenda
on 9/14/05 6:03 am - Magna, UT
Kathy, I had my surgery on May 23rd, 2005. I lost 20 lbs pre-op, so as of this morning, I've lost a total of 82.5 lbs! Woohoo! I only have 1.5 lbs to go to be at 300! I haven't seen 300 in over 15 years. What stage of eating are you at? Maybe that could help me give you suggestions for protein. Lori 384/301.5/170
Most Active
Recent Topics
how much weight did you lose?
Jetta311 · 1 replies · 279 views
Hello New Here
14u2c · 0 replies · 540 views
Hello New Here
14u2c · 0 replies · 527 views
Back to Bariatric Basics
Allison L. · 0 replies · 3588 views