WAY OT: Need Closed Caption help

Mariposa
on 1/9/06 7:56 pm - Janesville, WI
I am not quite in my 40s- almost, though. I posted this on the main board, but thought I would re-post here, not meaning any offense, as to age, but I hope someone here can help me... I have hearing aids and don't need them all the time, which is good, because thy seem to only really want to pick up background noise, and they do that really well. I don't want to go back to the ENT and/or audiologist- it's really a pain in the butt. Anyway, I really need them for watching TV and movies. I was wondering if anyone can give me info on getting closed captioning. I have looked online and there just seems to be a bunch of advertising and technical stuff that I don't understand just yet, since I am just starting my info quest. Any and all help is very much appreciated!! Donna
Matt S.
on 1/10/06 10:48 am - Otsego, MI
Hi Donna - I've found that usually in the settings of newer televisions, you can select closed captioning. The program naturally needs to have had that service included in it. For example some older shows/movies and live events may not have closed captioning attached to them. So my suggestion is, if you have a television that is fairly new, to pick up the remote and look for a button labeled "Menu," "Program" or something along that line and see if there is an option for captioning. In fact, one of my remotes has a "Caption" button. Good luck! Matt
Most Active
Recent Topics
how much weight did you lose?
Jetta311 · 1 replies · 282 views
Hello New Here
14u2c · 0 replies · 542 views
Hello New Here
14u2c · 0 replies · 530 views
Back to Bariatric Basics
Allison L. · 0 replies · 3593 views