Almost 40 *sigh* and New To This Board

Kiliki Hi
on 2/13/06 1:01 pm - Honolulu, HI
Welp...I'm actually 39 and will be 40 in May, not exactly which board to post on. lol Thought I'd check this one out first since I'll be hanging out here in a few months. I hope to have my WLS in April BEFORE I hit the big 4-OH...ugh. I'm bored out of my mind, the Olympics is killing me! lol Where's my Las Vegas!?!
DonnaJEM
on 2/14/06 3:27 am - Mechanicsville, VA
Hi Kris! I'm 42 and also new to this. My first appointment is this Thursday, Feb. 16th. If all goes well, I hope to have my WLS by early summer. I'm opting for the Lap-Band. How about you?
Kathleen L.
on 3/11/06 2:16 am - Arlington, VA
I wanted to have my surgery before I turned 40 and I did have it on November 15, 2005. I had been heavy for ever and on all different diets like weigh****chers, optifast and phen phen. I will be turning 40 in June and I want to be at a healthier.
lori_elachqer
on 3/17/06 9:07 am - London, Canada
Hi, I am new to this board as well. I think turning 40 must be a big "rethink my life" time for a lot of people. I just turned 39 and have been considering WLS for years. I am not sure what my breaking point was but I am now determined to have this done before I turn 40 and I have my initial consult on Mar 27. I am hoping to have surgery in June. Lori
Kiliki Hi
on 3/17/06 10:46 am - Honolulu, HI
I just completed my consult with my surgeon yesterday, had my letter to insurance pretty much ready to go (just tweaked it a little this morning) and faxed it in. Now it's just a waiting game, but from what the office manager said I should have no problem getting authorization from insurance company and will probably be able to get a surgery date either the 2nd or 3rd week of April!! I can't believe this is FINALLY happening! Everything is falling in to place perfectly, as I was able to get my first doctors visit moved up, my sleep apnea test moved up, etc. I've been able to get all my ducks in a row in 6 months...thought it would've taken a year to get to this point. Good luck on your surgery and see you on the losing side!! Aloha, Kris
KMMango
on 5/19/06 3:17 am - Everett, MA
Hi there: I'm actuallly 39 also. I'll be 40 in August. I'm having surgery on June 19th. I'll be bringing in my 40th on the loosing side. Being overweight almost my entire life has been a struggle. Almost hitting 40 made me open my eyes and want a new and healthier life for myself. Good luck to you.
Most Active
Recent Topics
how much weight did you lose?
Jetta311 · 1 replies · 282 views
Hello New Here
14u2c · 0 replies · 542 views
Hello New Here
14u2c · 0 replies · 530 views
Back to Bariatric Basics
Allison L. · 0 replies · 3593 views