This exercise stuff is amazing!

Melissa1965
on 7/31/10 10:33 am
I haven't been an avid exerciser since my surgery but since I was slowing down weight loss, eating a bit more and going on 8 months, it was time to kick it up a gear. I been on a plateau for a while now...175...I started walking and doing weights last weekend and now am at 169! I am a true believer in this now. WOW! The weight just fell off! Amazing I tell you. So anyone that isn't...get to it and the results are wonderful.
HW 268/SW 255/CW 150/GW 160
browneyedDeeva
on 7/31/10 12:10 pm - NY
RNY on 05/03/13 with
yayyyyyyyyyyy Melissa
im an avid believer in exercise my day would not be complete if i didnt go to the gym or work out in some way . this morning my dh had the car to visit his mom so i popped in wii fit and there i was hoola hooping, stepping, and unlocked new yoga moves lolol i cant beleiev how much u sweat with that my daughter bought me the biggest loser tape too thats a real good one too but most of my exercise comes from the gym keep up the good work what did u decide on ur cyst?

see ya lighter,

Toni                         

Melissa1965
on 7/31/10 12:27 pm
Thanks Toni

It really sets your day for positivity!!!

I am just waiting for doc to come back from vacation. I called the office and said I wanted the thing out. For now I have started pulling the top back and barretting it. If I do it just right, it hides the cyst.
HW 268/SW 255/CW 150/GW 160
browneyedDeeva
on 7/31/10 12:33 pm - NY
RNY on 05/03/13 with
it def does make u feel like ur on top of the world i like the feeling of feeling strong
im glad u decided to have it removed and u figured out to hide it with cute lil things in ur hair

see ya lighter,

Toni                         

NursieGirl
on 7/31/10 2:08 pm
I'm SO glad you're loving your exercise!  I've been working out every day for at least an hour, and no scale movement YET, but I have faith!

Shellie731
on 8/1/10 12:45 am
Melissa, you make me laugh!   I'm right behind you. I did 30 minutes on the exercise bike yesterday-I'll go for 45 today.

italianspice
on 8/1/10 1:26 am - Eastlake, OH
Now thats what I call motivation!
Cant wait to be able to move my body more without this fat suit on!
Congrats on your weight loss!
Lee ~
on 8/1/10 2:11 am - CA
Melissa,

Congrats on the six pounds!  I'm so excited that your scale is being kind.

I read your post to my son last night, lamenting that I exercise 60-120 minutes a day and can't drop a pound in 10 days.  He almost had to restrain me, then he reminded me that I'm 59 years old with a metabolism that's been broken for decades.  GRRRRRRRR

That said, I'm so delighted for you.  I am beginning to love exercise.

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

sleeve genie
on 8/1/10 3:47 am - Alhambra, CA
Hi Melissa,  i'm a believer now too,  i've been 199 for two weeks now.  Yesterday i went to an aqua aerobics class and worked my ass off,  well not really, its still there, but you know what i mean.  I even cheated last night and ate some M and Ms (i know, i'm a bad girl, wont do that again) and got on the scale this morning and down to 197.  At Dr Qs last week they told me to up my exercise and it seems to be working so i'm off to the pool now.  I have arthritis in my hip so i can't do the machines but i can do the pool.  I'm happy for you that the scale is moving again,  take care jeani
      the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

(deactivated member)
on 8/1/10 6:51 am
Hi Melissa!  I think its wonderful that exercise is working for U ... i know i NEED it as a mood elevator / happiness pill every day ...and  thank God it helps with the weight too ....

The real reason I wantedto write U was about  Ur Strunge as they call it here in Brooklyn... thats Italianese for a cyst.  I used to have one like yours .

I fixed it without surgery ...by putting  2% salicyic acid containing acne stuff onthe spot - wjhich made it itch tremendously but the way ... but sloughed off the many layers of dead skin cells and hardened oil blocking the pores whichis WHY  the hairs grow inward rather than out as they should.  Basically the thing is one huge blackhead if you will- just with a thousand different blocked openings - and unfortunately they just get bigger and bigger and bigger ...unless U can rathcet them back withthe salicylic acid  acne stuff.  

When U put it on U will get the urge to brush brush yourscalp  and hair inthat spot .  Buy a good boars bristle brush and brush away - the Victorians brushed 100 strokes EVERY day annd they had gorgeous thick long shiny hair .  Brushing and salicylic acid MIGHT get rid of Ur strunge - it did mine ... but mine keeps tringto come back .. so then i have to specially brush that area . 

In any case U cant see it anymore ( thehair was there all along just blocked from properly growing out )   andim glad i never got an operation.....

Good luck......

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 307 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 431 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 497 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 515 views