I am finding it hard to excercise...

Angie H.
on 8/5/10 5:18 am - Brooklet, GA
I am having a problem getting into the excercise routine. I come home from work (office job) and cook for the family and clean and get things ready for the next day and by that time I don't want to think about walking or excercising for an hour.

I know energy begats energy and if I push myself it will become a habit and things will be easier. So, should I excercise before I eat dinner or after? Is walking on the treadmill enough or should I have an excercise routine?

Give me some inspiration!! I want to do ALL the things that I should to make this work. Any suggestions?

valleyfree
on 8/5/10 5:55 am - OR
Exercising is just so hard! The thing that has made a HUGE difference to me is to have a workout buddy. We challenge eachother. I choose to go at about 5 in the morning and then it's done for the day. I think doing anything is better than doing nothing. Even if you get on the treadmill for just a bit, go for it!

I would have thought that the exercise would help with my energy level, but I don't think it has. I continue to have much less energy than when I was tubbier. Not sure why that is, but I hope it comes back some day.
HW 247/SW 232/CW 135/GW 140 Height 5'4"  Age 43 A BIT BELOW GOAL

Shannon D.
on 8/5/10 6:38 am
I get up at 4:45a.m. to work out 6-7 days a week. I'm a stay at home mom, so some think I am nuts, but I don't have time the rest of the day. I am going back to work after 2 years at home in less than two weeks and because of my start time, travel, and daycare drop off, I will have to get up at 4am. The first two weeks suck, I'm not gonna lie, but after that it becomes a routine and you feel so good and energized when you are done. Also, I have read and heard that working out in the morning is better because it jump starts your metabolism for the whole day. I actually feel sluggish on days I don't work out.

5'0"   HW-214   SW-186  GW-115  CW-96-99 
  LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

browneyedDeeva
on 8/5/10 10:44 pm - NY
RNY on 05/03/13 with
Shannon u rock !!!!
my motto is
"what ever it takes "

see ya lighter,

Toni                         

Jody ***
on 8/5/10 9:44 am - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with
Me too.....

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

browneyedDeeva
on 8/5/10 10:43 pm - NY
RNY on 05/03/13 with
ok this is what i did ,
i actually wrote up a commitment letter and thought long and hard what would work for me .
at that time i was a store manager working 50-60 hrs a week 2 of those days were nights my hrs were 945 am to 630 and 12 to 10ish pm
i would wake up at 530am get to the gym by 6 work out 1 hr 30 min get home by 730ish and get ready for work . that worked for me thennnnn my Dh car broke down and i had no car to get to the gym soooooo i did the gym after work late like 9 10 pm so after that id go home shower and go to bed i was committed
thats the key u actually have to schedule it in i wanted to tell u my schedule cuz i want u to know u can work it in . by the way im not young ill be 51 next month lol u owe it to urself sweetie good luck let me know what ur schedule will be

see ya lighter,

Toni                         

Angie H.
on 8/5/10 10:48 pm - Brooklet, GA

Wow, thanks for the replies. I am going to excercise for at least one hour prior to my dinner meal. If I have a set time and no matter what I don't stray from that I think it will work out. I know pre-surgery that is what I did and actually by the time I went to eat I didn't really want much. I may change that meal to a protein shake..We will see.

Blessings, and thanks again.

MacMadame
on 8/6/10 1:19 pm - Northern, CA
I exercise before I go home because once I go home, that's it.

I do it at lunch too.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Lee ~
on 8/7/10 12:37 pm - CA
I'm the type that can find any excuse not to exercise so I need to get it done in the morning if possible.  I don't have a family to cook for and clean up after so it's much much easier for me.

I try to walk 3 miles to work, walk 30 minutes at lunchtime, then either walk 3 miles home or go home and into the gym for my weights workout and cardio.  Right now I have my son to workout with me but he's leaving next week.  I'm going to have to do the early morning routine that others have talked about, just to keep myself accountable.

I find that the fitness challenge that we post here most days of the week is a great place to be accountable. When I have to come write what I've done, it makes me want to say more than sit on my tush.  I hope you'll come join us!

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 304 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 428 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 491 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 510 views