X-post: Shopping, a transfer addiction?

browneyedDeeva
on 8/9/10 11:13 pm - NY
RNY on 05/03/13 with
Christina,
as long as u r prioritizing i say go for it have fun u so deserve it i too am a clothes horse working in retail makes it so hard not to be where do u shop? Rainbow, Joyce leslie, are less expensive than the designers u get so much more for ur money anf if it ruins throw it out who cares u diddnt spend much for it anyway wahooooooo congrads neighbor

see ya lighter,

Toni                         

chris_ruff
on 8/9/10 11:16 pm
RNY on 04/07/09 with
i hear you about rainbow and joyce leslie...same goes for forever 21, alot of cool going out clothes in those stores.
--Christina
Roz !!!!
on 8/10/10 12:38 am - Butler, PA
I had a problem with shopping for a little while after I got down to size 2's and I just got my credit card payed off.  It was just so exciting to walk into a store and being able to wear regular sizes.  I sure hope I don't go back up to 4's or I'm in trouble!

When I looked back at old pictures, I realized that I wore the majority of my work clothes for about 10 years. I always got everything dry cleaned so they were all still in good condition. I firgured I owed myself for all those years of not buying clothes...LOL

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

chris_ruff
on 8/10/10 12:50 am
RNY on 04/07/09 with
wow, 10 years of the same clothes!? you definitely deserved some new ones for your tiny new self! glad the plastic is paid and now you can just enjoy them.
--Christina
MacMadame
on 8/10/10 1:42 am - Northern, CA
I hated to shop before and would only do it 2x a year or if I had a special occasion that needed something I didn't have (like a ****tail dress).

Now I buy stuff all the time. (And then my dd steals them when I'm not looking. LOL)

IMO, it's only an addiction if you are doing things like buying 10 black purses when you can't afford it.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

(deactivated member)
on 8/10/10 11:51 pm
 Sometimes i think more clothes are only the answer when Ure trying to address a much more urgent and real issue . In other words a bandaid on the real problem .

I know when i personally really LIKE the way i look i need little else but a tight pair of jeans , some platform combat boots , a little  leather jacket and a white t shirt .  Or shorts , platform sneakers and a tank top in summer .  

The problem is when i dont eel pretty enough ,.... and i find a velvety fabric or fur  or fun cut that really  makes me  look temporarliy better than i am ... I cant resist those items.  

Better ( in my opinion ) is to save the thousands of dollars and effort that goes into constant shopping and styling Urself and make Urself all U can be in the  first place .

Plastic surgery for many of us  to feel great about ourselves is a must ... even if its only botox.  Similarly , great teeth are a MUST , great Hair is too .....  and  loving our bodies . 

I dont thing Plastic Surgery shouldl carry any stigma in our minds ....but its very important not to let any hack at U obviously .  This is definitely one of those fields where U get what U pay for ... and research pays off big time ...  

I think women in expensive clothes with cheap hair leathery skin and bad teeth look even worse than they  do naked ... just my opinion lol.  Gotta avoid that mutton dressed as lamb seen better days cougar look at all costs lol!!  

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 308 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 432 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 497 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 515 views