Therapy Visit Yesterday

bowknot
on 3/31/11 12:00 am

I'm in the middle of my 6 month stall and feeling pretty frustrated. 

I want to blame the stall on something.  I've starting snacking at night.  Good snacks though, not chips or crap.  I have starting eating some foods that are not on my plan.  Like a cookie or a couple of pieces of chocolate in the afternoon.  Not 5 cookies or a whole candy bar like before.  I've got a good workout schedule.

I'm living in fear of gaining my weight back and I still have 25 pounds to go.  I've been fluctuating between three pounds for about 4 weeks now.  I haven't be tracking calories on paper.  I went to the therapist to get some help with my issues. 

She said she doesn't think I have huge issues to deal with.  She told me to start journaling my food.  Not just what I ate, but how I felt and what I was thinking about before eating.  As I've said on this board several times, I'm not wild about my job.  She asked me if I was emotionally eating in response to my job dissatisfaction.  That gave me something to think about. 

She said it was a very positive sign that I came to her before I started gaining weight back.  She doesn't feel like I have really hard issues that require recurring therapy.  She said she'd leave it to me to come back when I felt like I needed it.

I'm going to journal my food for the next month and see how it goes.  Then I'll decide if I should go back. 

I am very thankful that I have this support tool available.  As we all know, the surgery is on your stomach.  They don't do surgery to fix your head.

Kay

Mama477
on 3/31/11 1:54 am
Good for you, Kay!  Sounds like a success.  Acknowledging the issue is step 1.  You've confronted it head on and that is great.

I'm at the beginning of this boat ride (I go in end of next month) and I've often wondered why the COEs don't have the psych consults throughout the entire process and I'm going to recommend to my center's director.  I'm going to start with sessions now and go monthly (if needed) -- I know I will need the support.

Man how I wish they could fix our heads, too!!!

Take care!
  HW 236 / SW 224 / CW 164/ GW 135

lerkhart
on 3/31/11 7:35 am
Kay, good for you taking charge of your issues and getting help if you need it. 

I sure wish they would do surgery to fix my head!!  I know the further out I get the more problems I have with the head issues and cravings.....

Linda
14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Price S.
on 3/31/11 11:40 am - Mills River, NC
My Dr group offers counseling for free for life.  I think it is great that we can get help if needed.  I think it is wonderful that you reached out.

I use the tracker on this website and there are lots of other good ones.  Of course, they are only as good as you are with inputting the info. When I am not losing, I can at least look back and know that I am doing what I need to and will lose at some point. 

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

baat2010
on 3/31/11 12:36 pm - IL
RNY on 11/29/10 with
Bravo on being proactive and not let the weight gain "happen" to you. I think it is completely normal for the "beast" (i.e. the voice that says "eat") to pop up now and again. Like you said so beautifully, there's no surgery to fix our heads. The question is whether we manage the beast or it manages us. It sounds like you have a good therapist and a good plan for managing the beast. We are here for you every step of the way.

Amy
    LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
helane
on 3/31/11 6:00 pm - canton, MA
I use Sparkpeople.com and then cut and paste here..
I highly suggest Roz's thread to post your daily intake..it really helps keep a person accountable..I credit her with my stall break...

Helane            
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 308 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 432 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 497 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 516 views