Early Out- Question

Just-Jenn
on 4/4/11 5:39 am - Midstate Region, PA

Is it normal to be absolutely exhausted?  I read about Ketosis and it is listed as a symptom..I am fine as long as I am busy--but give me 10 minutes of peace and I feel like I ran a marathon.  Just wondering if this was 'normal'.  I am taking my vitamins, and I need to work on increasing my water and protein..but yikes I craw in bed when my babies do.  Thanks!

Proud Mom to Allen (20), Christa (14), Sophie (2), Stella (1).  and an angel 5/07

Stacey N.
on 4/4/11 5:46 am - Chesapeake, VA
Not sure about normal or not but I am the same way.

HW-220 SW 205 4'11"

Price S.
on 4/4/11 6:12 am - Mills River, NC
Yes, perfectly normal.  You just had major surgery.  I didn't start getting my energy back for 6-8 weeks and I think it was when my D3 finally got up to where it was suppose to be.  I was in bed at 8 and up at 9a for weeks.  Just take it easy and let yourself heal.  Getting in your protein and water will help also.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

baat2010
on 4/4/11 8:15 am - IL
RNY on 11/29/10 with
Absolutely normal. I am just getting my groove back at four months. Your body has experienced a major trauma, and your digestive system, hormones, glucose levels, etc. are undergoing a major change (for the better!).

This is a time to be easy on yourself. Take a nap if you need one. Go to bed early if you want. Protein, fluids and exercise have also helped me.

Not to worry - your energy will return if you are careful with the supplements and the other guidelines.

Take care,
Amy
    LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
RaggetyAnn
on 4/4/11 8:18 am
VSG on 02/15/11 with
Wow, you're not even 4 weeks out. 
Take it easy, or as easy as you can with younguns. Your body needs extra rest to heal best.
tracey

RaggetyAnn  (I'm just a RaggetyAnn in a Barbie Doll world.)
hw: 216 sw: 200 cw: 156 dgw: 134 mgw: 124

G.I.Jane
on 4/4/11 10:01 am
You're normal - or at least what you're experiencing is very normal. I finally feel GREAT - and I'm at about 4 months out. I was exhausted and very sleepy for a lot of the time in the first 2 months (and even a bit of the 3rd month).

Make sure to get enough protein.

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.
Unknown.

Just-Jenn
on 4/4/11 10:33 am - Midstate Region, PA
Maybe I dont give myself enough credit...LOL I am in bed between 8:30 and 10pm and up by 5:15...work, then home to start the night with the kids who are little and need mom to run and play..help fix dinner....I just get so darn tired.  Today has been better but I sometimes feel like my head must not have hit the pillow.  It doesnt help the DH has a sleep disturbance issue, and yells in his sleep, and scared the crap out of me...so once my heart is done skipping beats- I go back to sleep.  PLUS the last few nights I have had some wickel leg cramps- Insane, one had me in tears between the pain and being so tired.  Anyone have cheese to go with my whine. LOL

Proud Mom to Allen (20), Christa (14), Sophie (2), Stella (1).  and an angel 5/07

Jody ***
on 4/4/11 10:40 am - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with
Heck - I get tired with that schedule and I don't even HAVE any little ones....

Give yourself some time - I know it took me quite awhile to get back to normal....

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

baat2010
on 4/4/11 10:53 am - IL
RNY on 11/29/10 with
I get tried just reading about your day! 

Leg cramps?  Are you getting enough potassium and D?  Might be due to some sort of deficiency.  If it happens again, you might want to do a separate post.

Amy
Roz !!!!
on 4/4/11 2:22 pm - Butler, PA
I give young moms these days so much credit.  Life is a lot more demanding now then when I had my girls.

I was pretty tired for about 2 months.   Our bodies are going through a lot of changes and then having babies besides that no wonder you are exhausted.   Get lots of rest and don't feel quilty about it.

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 304 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 428 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 491 views
Still kickin'...