Heart - Stenosis

Just-Jenn
on 4/7/11 4:14 am - Midstate Region, PA
So does anyone has stenosis from the 'tight valve'?  I was told that I had a hear murmur, they checked it out and it was a tight valve- then when I had my surgery the Dr looked up the report and was talking about a congenital defect with the valve and that it is considered stenosis (told me as I age, I become more likely to need valve replacement).  I get so winded walking steps, up hills, and doing physical things- here I assumed it was because of my XL body---but here all along there may be another reason.  I guess- I need to chit chat about what is safe for me to do since I walked today and felt like I was dying on hills..I just want to be able to run and play.  Ugh I am so over being a slug. 

Proud Mom to Allen (20), Christa (14), Sophie (2), Stella (1).  and an angel 5/07

Price S.
on 4/7/11 6:40 am - Mills River, NC
Don't know anything about tight valves.  I have leaky valves. 

Hugs coming your way.  Does sound like something you need to investigate. 

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Pink-alicious 1
on 4/7/11 6:40 am - WI
(((HUGS)))
I don't know anyone with the condition you are talking about, but I hope you can get it fixed and blossom into a bunny instead of a slug!

Janessa
HW233/SW233/CW124/GW120    

RaggetyAnn
on 4/7/11 10:15 am
VSG on 02/15/11 with

ooh, Jenn,
Sounds like you've got some research in your future.
Hugs to you, and swinging labradoodles to push healing energy waves your way.
tracey

RaggetyAnn  (I'm just a RaggetyAnn in a Barbie Doll world.)
hw: 216 sw: 200 cw: 156 dgw: 134 mgw: 124

baat2010
on 4/7/11 1:10 pm - IL
RNY on 11/29/10 with
What a bummer, Jenn, but now that you know what is going on, you can do something about it. I encourage you to get a second opinion as you research your options. I am sending you healing vibes.

Amy
    LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Just-Jenn
on 4/7/11 10:14 pm - Midstate Region, PA
I plan on having discussion at my next PCP appointment, since I was never told to avoid activity, I plan on taking it slowly but definately doing it.  Thanks all!

Proud Mom to Allen (20), Christa (14), Sophie (2), Stella (1).  and an angel 5/07

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 307 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 431 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 497 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 515 views