I admit it..

Just-Jenn
on 4/21/11 2:50 am - Midstate Region, PA
I am going 'crazy with my changes in my life...(Please don't be judgmental).  I worked very hard my first RNY to get healthy...I am working hard this time.  But because I was already significantly lighter the weight is more noticeable coming off.  I haven't been on the scale in many days---just trying to focus on my basics.  Controlling head hunger issues.  I have gone from a tight 16, mostly 18's in a popular plus size store to yesterday a 12 in my favorite regular store (White house black market).  I almost died- I got my butt into the 12's 5 or so weeks out.  I know my body is going through crazy changes. I have started getting noticed by men, strange but nice.  I have noticed the old trick of when you walk down a path with someone on the opposite side, they don't stop and let you go...they actually keep walking knowing we both can walk by at the same time.  I had someone say I think your losing weight (I didn't like their approach- so I said perhaps)...then I had someone tell me I looked 5 or 6 inches taller.  Yes I am wearing high heels..but I also put my butt into those 12 and wore them today so I look tall and more slender cause my clothes fit.  i feel better about myself and I have noticed some of the old me (which was the new me) coming back.  I have felt very lost the last several years.  I don't dislike...no hate (more accurate)  myself like I did a month or so ago.  Isn't it silly how we are our worst enemy?  Don't get me wrong I have a lot of insecurities and issues - but something is starting to click again...weird. 

Oh- and well mentally- I shouldn't go into the details but I can say I feel very guilty over thoughts I am having---I keep telling myself to stay grounded.  Repeat- I am a married, mother of 4...I am a married mother of 4.  It's a tad overwhelming.  Maybe it's those darn hormone stores again?!  I feel like my head just runs and runs (not in the depression or anxiety way) Random and crazy right? Perhaps it's new found energy starting?   Done, said it feel a tad better maybe. Hopefully, you won't think I am crazy.  LOL

Proud Mom to Allen (20), Christa (14), Sophie (2), Stella (1).  and an angel 5/07

Jody ***
on 4/21/11 3:00 am - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with
Crazy?  Nope - you're not going through anything the rest of us haven't....  it all depends on how you handle it.  Keep yourself grounded and the line drawn - and enjoy yourself! 

Congrats on the size 12's - woohoo - I remember when I fit in mine - I was ECSTATIC!!

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

bowknot
on 4/21/11 7:14 am
Happy Birthday, Jody!

Price S.
on 4/21/11 3:02 am - Mills River, NC
Congrats on your accomplishments.  I think it is really ok to be proud of what we have done and how we are looking. 

I looked at your kids ages, oh my.  You really have 2 families.  And it is a good thing you have lots of energy to deal with all of it.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

bowknot
on 4/21/11 7:22 am
I don't think you are crazy either!  I'm middle-aged happily married with kids and a passel of grandkids.  I still appreciate it when someone notices the changes I'm making in my life.  I've learned to smile and say thank you!  I'm flattered by male attention, but not tempted.  Heck I'm flattered with most compliments.

I've been riding my bus to work for 3 years.  The ladies on the bus this morning finally got the nerve to ask me about my weight loss. It took 7 months and 80+ pounds, but I'm flattered that they noticed.  It really made my day.

Lose the guilty and enjoy your self-improvement and those size 12's!  (I have to admit I'm jealous about the size 12s.)

Kay
baat2010
on 4/21/11 11:43 am - IL
RNY on 11/29/10 with
I think it is perfectly normal to have some impulsive thoughts as you get in touch with your new sexy self. As my mom the therapist used to say to me, it is okay to think it, it is another thing to do it!

Amy
    LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
(deactivated member)
on 4/21/11 11:51 am
I am married, 66 year old grandmother, and I have to remind myself not to pay the men too much attention.  They pay me attention, but when I act pleased their wives are not happy with me. 

My husband who was very proud of me when I first lost weight is beginning to not like the attention I am getting--even his doctor flirts with me.

Ruby
rny  3/2005
262/125/137
hi/lo/today   
graciesmommie
on 4/21/11 10:21 pm
I can so relate to the crazy thoughts. My eyes are more open to how people treat me now. I can no longer hide it behind a cookie or something else that is bad for me. About a week ago I was ready to jet!~ I was tired of living a life that I allowed others to walk all over me. I have a husband that doesn't stick up for me or us and allows others to walk all over us as well. As I said a week ago I had enough. I told him either I started getting some of my life back or I was walking away. I loved him but I am not getting back up to 200lbs for anybody. Stress almost killed me before and I will not go there again. Maybe it is spring cleaning my life but I needed to have a fit and shake the stress off.
While walking in town I actually found  myself looking around at houses in town for rent. I am a child of divorce. It would be the last thing I would want for my kids but there comes a time of self preservation. SOOO no you are not crazy. I have said to myself more than one time you are married with 2 kids ...you ar marrried with 2 kids. I probably would never actually leave my husband but I can demand better treatment and for him to put US first because I AM WORTH IT!
Nothing tastes as good as this feels!                                                                     
Just-Jenn
on 4/22/11 12:20 am - Midstate Region, PA

I will send you a message...I have put my stuff out there before venting, and then people have posted nasty things about me later because of my vents---I am trying to learn to be more cautious.  Suffice it to say- I have had a very rough 4 years most of which had nothing to do with my WLS or was any fault of my own. 

Proud Mom to Allen (20), Christa (14), Sophie (2), Stella (1).  and an angel 5/07

italianspice
on 4/21/11 10:48 pm - Eastlake, OH
Not crazy, just postop!

I still feel little unsettled, but working on it. Enjoy the new energetic and healthy you!

~Maria

SW 230 Preop 205 GW 130 LW 131 CW 135 Ht 5'1"

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 304 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 428 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 491 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 510 views