OT, I am retiring !!!!

Jane W.
on 6/9/11 4:56 am - Southaven, MS
Hello my light weight friends. 

I have been sick of my job for about 3 yrs, but thought I had to work another 6 yrs.  BUT I don't.  I got so disgusted a few weeks ago I set up apts with our HR dept, and my financial planner.  To my BIG SURPRISE, I can afford to retire NOW.  So my last day of work is 6/29.  I am so excited I can hardly see straight.  If I hadn't gotten so upset about work I wouldn't have even checked into possible retirement, God works in misterious ways sometime!!!

Now an update on my WL.  I am one yr and one month out from WL surg and maintaining a 100 lb loss without much difficulty.   I hover from 138-142, am 5'5 1/2", wearing mostly size 6s from size 22W. I went from the fattest in the office to the thinest. Life is good all the way around.

You newbies hang in there and follow your plan.
5'6"    
Just-Jenn
on 6/9/11 5:31 am - Midstate Region, PA
Retirement---that is what dreams are made of. LOL  Good for you and I hope you enjoy every second of it...sounds like you have worked hard.  Great job with your WL tool. 

Proud Mom to Allen (20), Christa (14), Sophie (2), Stella (1).  and an angel 5/07

Jane W.
on 6/9/11 11:05 pm - Southaven, MS
Thanks...dreams is right, I'm still pinching myself, LOL
Jane
5'6"    
Mara C.
on 6/9/11 5:38 am - Millbury, MA
Congratulations!!!!!!  It is amazing how things like that FALL into your lap!  That's awesome!  Any fun things you want to do now??
              LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat      RNY Maintenance

"Create your day"
Jane W.
on 6/9/11 6:00 am - Southaven, MS
Thank you...

Not sure what all I will get into, but I am thinking that I will get back to daily workouts, I quit working out about 2 months ago.  Also I love playing duplicate bridge, and there are games here everyday, so I may play everyday!!  I plan to cook more often, and start back reading.  Will probably travel to see some family early on.  Not sure from there...hope to find enough varied, interesting, and fun things to do to keep me stimulated and happy, just hope it is not too much of an adjustment period.

Thanks for asking!

Jane
5'6"    
Jody ***
on 6/9/11 6:45 am - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with
Wow - congratulations!!  You will love it!!! 

Congrats on your 100 lb maintaining - that's great and I bet you are looking forward to starting your new life a new skinnier you!!!!

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

Jane W.
on 6/9/11 11:08 pm - Southaven, MS
Thanks, Jody.  Yes, I am so happy I am skinnier and healthy, and just a tinsy bit anxious about the retirement...that I won't find enough to do, etc.  But down deep, I know I going to love it.
Jane
5'6"    
aspan
on 6/9/11 8:50 am
Congratulations Jane! on both accounts...its funny because your stats are exactly like mine! Same height same beginning weight..same goal weight! Don't see that all the time..glad to hear that you are maintaining without much difficulty...makes me feel hopeful that I will do the same!!
HW: 260? SW: 242 Surgeons GW: 150 First GW: 140 Second GW: 130 CW: 122      
Jane W.
on 6/9/11 11:19 pm - Southaven, MS
Congrat to you!! Your almost there, and yes I have found it easy to maintain.  In fact, my goal wt was 160, but I kept loosing!!! (another 20 lbs), so don't be surprised if you don't do the same.  Good luck.
Jane
5'6"    
Price S.
on 6/9/11 10:28 am - Mills River, NC
Hurray, hurray.  I call this my retirement job because I can pretty much set my own hours but it is still work lots of the time.

And your 100lbs gone forever, I'm right behind you.  Hope to be there soon.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 308 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 431 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 497 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 515 views