OMG!

Just-Jenn
on 6/12/11 4:41 am - Midstate Region, PA
Okay---completely my fault. I decided to eat lunch with the kids today---I had some left over turkey meatloaf a reasonable size piece (peppers, onions, a few bread crumbs and lean turkey).  Yummy.  I decided to eat, eat, eat...and realized the piece was GONE.  I ate way to fast...and I have been paying the price for over 3 freaking hours.  I tried taking a bite of something else to pu**** through (this worked in the past)...not this time...that lead to me  now 3 separate times.  I have now tried the papaya chews to see if it will help.  UGH!  The suffering alone makes me never want to eat again.  Geez---I don't think I have had an episode in the 6 plus years since my original surgery..and I remember a incident with pork. (I didn't eat pork for like 6 months).    Whine over---but I sure am hoping this passes soon, and I would say today looks like a liquid or soft food day if at all.  Going to lay down.

Proud Mom to Allen (20), Christa (14), Sophie (2), Stella (1).  and an angel 5/07

Mama477
on 6/12/11 5:58 am
Ugh Jen!! Sorry this happened... Can yo walk it off??? I know w chicken I got some relief that way.

Hang in there!
Meg
  HW 236 / SW 224 / CW 164/ GW 135

sqerlygirl
on 6/12/11 6:44 am
Ugh...I feel your pain. This has happened a few times with me and leftover chicken :(

Sometimes I can take a small sip of water and it seems to stir things up enough for me to get it out...yuck!!!

Hope you feel better soon!!

Char
RNY 11/28/10 5' 6"
HW 263/SW 217/CW 130/GOAL 134
LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

aspan
on 6/12/11 6:49 am
sorry!! That sounds awful...one time that happened to me and I layed down feel asleep and felt somewhat better when I woke up...hopefully the same will happen to you..
HW: 260? SW: 242 Surgeons GW: 150 First GW: 140 Second GW: 130 CW: 122      
Roz !!!!
on 6/12/11 10:02 am - Butler, PA
Hopefully you over the discomfort by now.  Taking a nap usually helps me.  DH gets food stuck when it's time for him to get stretched again and they always give him something so he can relax and he takes a nap so I figured I'd try the nap part and it seems to work.

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

Karin @)-;-'--
on 6/12/11 3:45 pm - Melbourne, Australia

Oh dear Jen, I can sympathise with you as food used to get stuck with me all the time I had my VSG.  The doc used to tell me to take a big mouthful of diet coke or something fizzy as it will stir the pot and "Lift" the food up so you can regurgitate it out.  It sounds awful I know but it used to work ok for me.

Cheers from Karin (in Oz)

LilySlim - (qEqi)

Mrs.M
on 6/12/11 8:38 pm
no answers here but feeling your pain.  hope you feel better soon.
janet

Just-Jenn
on 6/12/11 11:54 pm - Midstate Region, PA
Thanks everyone...the papaya and keeping busy worked...I tried walking around (ran errands with my mouth watering) laying down,--Nada.  If / when it happens again- I will try some of the other suggestions (soda, etc) I am much better today. Hugs!

Proud Mom to Allen (20), Christa (14), Sophie (2), Stella (1).  and an angel 5/07

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 304 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 428 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 491 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 510 views